CTX 1300 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike is ready to ride and I wouldn't hesitate to ride it to either coast without further preparation.

Mileage is 25,200 which, in my view, is approximately 10% of the engines life. It is not hard to find ST1300s with 300K miles.

In my view the CTX1300 is the easiest large, touring size bike there is to ride. It has a low center of gravity, the clutch pull is light (one finger if desired), handlebars are wide, seat height is low, and the engine RPM automatically increases as the clutch is released.

I have a Red deluxe CTX1300 (of course) with the following accessories:
Russell Day Long Saddle
Honda top box
Honda heated grips
Honda center stand
Honda tall wind screen
Headlight protector
Tip over bars to protect hard bags
USB charge port at handlebars
Battery charger pigtail below battery
Honda Service Manual (paper book)

Last week the following services were performed:
New battery installed
New E3 spark plugs installed
New Ail filter installed
Engine oil and filter changed
Rear drive oil changed
Brake and clutch hydraulic fluids changed
Antifreeze changed
Clutch and brake lever pivots greased
Side stand and center stand pivots lubed
Valves checked and all were within spec - no adjustment needed

The front tire has 1,200 miles on it and the prior identical tire lasted 12,715 miles.

The rear tire is a dark side run flat with 13,867 miles on a 50K rated tire. If buyer wants a rear motorcycle tire installed I am open to that.

This is my daily rider but I have too many bikes and will be thinning the herd in the coming months.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tail & brake light
Speedometer Vehicle Car Odometer Steering part

·
Registered
17 Posts
This looks great. I'm up in Albany, NY. Could we arrange shipping? Also, do you have more pictures? Please confirm that it has ABS and traction control. Thanks. Brian

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Black wheels are usually one of the giveaways of a deluxe. But another photo of the dash centered with the ignition switch turned on should show the ABS & TC lights lit up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the 700, which is great. I'm hoping it is available. Looking forward to something bigger.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the 700, which is great. I'm hoping it is available. Looking forward to something bigger.
Speedometer Car Tachometer White Motor vehicle

I will release the bike to a shipper once payment is made. However, I want to limit my part of the shipping experience to handing the bike, title, 3 keys (yes 3, that is another story), owners manual, and repair manual to the shipper. As I said, if you want a "motorcycle tire" on the rear I am willing to change it if you provide the tire or include the price in the purchase transaction.

I have a lift, tire machine and balancer so its not a problem to install a new rear tire.

Check out my youtube tire machine video.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why three keys, you might ask? Well I bought the bike from Pickles Gap Cycle
Conway, Arkansas, motorcycle, dealer, used, pre-owned, parts, service which is in Arkansas. I bought the bike, flew into Little Rock, they picked me up at the airport. When I got there they said there was only one key so when I got home I ordered another key then had it cut. The key and cutting cost about $100. A few weeks later I opened the left dash compartment and found the "second" key.

I never thought I would sell this bike and planned to ride it till 100K miles as I have never been able to keep a bike long enough to attain that mileage. However, I am retired and without commuting, even riding most days the mileage isn't accumulating like I thought it would.

At this point, I am looking to make room in the garage to bring a project bike into my parking/work area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is not a problem at all. I've researched shippers, so that will be relatively smooth. I would want to replace the rear tire. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] and I'll share my cell number and we could finalize everything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why three keys, you might ask? Well I bought the bike from Pickles Gap Cycle
Conway, Arkansas, motorcycle, dealer, used, pre-owned, parts, service which is in Arkansas. I bought the bike, flew into Little Rock, they picked me up at the airport. When I got there they said there was only one key so when I got home I ordered another key then had it cut. The key and cutting cost about $100. A few weeks later I opened the left dash compartment and found the "second" key.

I never thought I would sell this bike and planned to ride it till 100K miles as I have never been able to keep a bike long enough to attain that mileage. However, I am retired and without commuting, even riding most days the mileage isn't accumulating like I thought it would.

At this point, I am looking to make room in the garage to bring a project bike into my parking/work area.
I look forward to talking to you and that is great to have three keys.. Thanks. Also, if you want when you email, just include your phone number and let me know when would be good to call.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I look forward to talking to you and that is great to have three keys.. Thanks. Also, if you want when you email, just include your phone number and let me know when would be good to call.
Is there a better way to connect and move forward? Thanks, Brian

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
Is there a better way to connect and move forward? Thanks, Brian
Have you tried to simply "float" your mouse pointer on his avatar and select Message to send a direct PM (private message)?
I keep forgetting if this forum has a post count that has to be met to do that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have you tried to simply "float" your mouse pointer on his avatar and select Message to send a direct PM (private message)?
I keep forgetting if this forum has a post count that has to be met to do that.
Thanks Bob.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
View attachment 47138

I will release the bike to a shipper once payment is made. However, I want to limit my part of the shipping experience to handing the bike, title, 3 keys (yes 3, that is another story), owners manual, and repair manual to the shipper. As I said, if you want a "motorcycle tire" on the rear I am willing to change it if you provide the tire or include the price in the purchase transaction.

I have a lift, tire machine and balancer so its not a problem to install a new rear tire.

Check out my youtube tire machine video.
Tire pictures

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.