CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone considered building a luggage rack with a CNC that would sit over passenger seat and have the trunk as a backrest for solo riding and not catching the wind. I only need the trunk on long trips and it would attach easy with 4 bolts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone considered building a luggage rack with a CNC that would sit over passenger seat and have the trunk as a backrest for solo riding and not catching the wind. I only need the trunk on long trips and it would attach easy with 4 bolts
The only bike I can think of that had a removable drivers backrest/trunk combo was the old Honda 500cc Silverwing Interstate. Why bike manufactures don't design something similar for modern day bikes is beyond me.

·
Registered
446 Posts
(...) Why bike manufactures don't design something similar for modern day bikes is beyond me.(...)
Some of them do, H-D does a quick-detach solo trunk for the Sportster.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
HERE's my idea for a solo trunk that is quick detachable, along with adding the luggage rack. I might be able to afford the luggage rack with the low cost of this item. :D
This is well more than twice the storage of most trunks available at 110 liter (the x-large), and it would fit over the passenger seat to provide a really nice backrest. I would only need such an option when traveling on a camping trip or LD. No special bracket needed, but the stock luggage rack would be a good idea to help support it. I like the look of a clean back end on this bike when not on a trip to don't plan to add a hard case. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Edit: Just for the record, in addition to the 500cc version the Silverwing Interstate also came in a 650cc variant, though I think for only one year.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Edit: Just for the record, in addition to the 500cc version the Silverwing Interstate also came in a 650cc variant, though I think for only one year.
That was my first bike, a '85 silver GL650 Interstate. It looked a lot like Maybe's pic, except somebody added the rig to mount the trunk behind the passenger seat. In some ways I feel like the CTX1300 is the growed-up version of that bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts