CTX 1300 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
OK, my fork seals and battery get replaced tomorrow. I'll be leaving for the meet up on Tuesday and see you all in Cortez on Thursday late afternoon!
There are 5 of us now...Stan, Scott, Tony, James and me. Sorry that Sam cant make the trip. Absolutely open to anyone that just wants to show up too. All are welcome. Although with all of these recent posts, folks may be scared off! 😳. Everything will be just fine. But those that may ride in lighting or tornados on their way out, be careful!😁

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
OK, my fork seals and battery get replaced tomorrow. I'll be leaving for the meet up on Tuesday and see you all in Cortez on Thursday late afternoon!
There are 5 of us now...Stan, Scott, Tony, James and me. Sorry that Sam cant make the trip. Absolutely open to anyone that just wants to show up too. All are welcome. Although with all of these recent posts, folks may be scared off! 😳. Everything will be just fine. But those that may ride in lighting or tornados on their way out, be careful!😁

Living on the east coast, my friend and I have been on the edge of a few hurricanes.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hmmm - got a bunch of rain yesterday and today ... milo won’t be ready to harvest for at least 20 days ... still haven’t sold the CTX (haven’t tried REALLY hard, anyway) ...

Maybe tonight I will sit down and do some route planning to southwestern Colorado. A quick Google Maps search says just over 1,200 miles. Probably only a 15% or so chance of actually going, but I will prep myself and my steed for a quick departure ... just in case !!!

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Hmmm - got a bunch of rain yesterday and today ... milo won’t be ready to harvest for at least 20 days ... still haven’t sold the CTX (haven’t tried REALLY hard, anyway) ...

Maybe tonight I will sit down and do some route planning to southwestern Colorado. A quick Google Maps search says just over 1,200 miles. Probably only a 15% or so chance of actually going, but I will prep myself and my steed for a quick departure ... just in case !!!
Do it!!! You're from Texas, you gotta take one last ride on the CTX.

·
Registered
69 Posts
One small change in my plans. My wife & I were going to 2-vehicle it, her in her Focus, me on the bike. Well, she's worried about us getting separated, she doesn't do north-south-east-west like us males (!) so I tried to set up comms between us. I tried everything, bottom line was, the only for-sure way was for me to call her, but coverage is too spotty on US-160. So, we decided to rent a U-Haul motorcycle trailer, which I've done in the past. Pulling it behind my '07 Tacoma. So then, I thought, maybe I should adjust my reservation, dropping the 1st night (Wed) and the last night (Sun), since we're gonna be in the truck and flat-a$$ from the bike's not an issue. Tried to change my reservation. Well, I could, but the rates changed then too, so the total cost for 3 nights was only a few dollars less than 5 nights under my original res. So I left it alone. BUT, here's a valid point: if any of us suffers a breakdown (God forbid), I'll have a vehicle and trailer to go retrieve it! Won't be free, you'll have to pay for the gas and buy me lunch too :cool::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
69 Posts

Whew!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Most recent forecast for Cortez, and it's still way out there, and subject to change, but pretty promising: Thu, Sunny, 83°. Friday, Partly Cloudy, 83°. Saturday, partly cloudy, 82°. Looking good!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Spent the last two hrs going over the bike and wash and waxed it. Not sure why the wash and wax it will be a mess when I get home. Headed out Mon morning. First stop a buddies house in Buhler KS. Then La Junta and Cortez.
C U all soon.
I also shine the bike up before all my trips. Treat the bike right and it'll treat you right!

See you soon

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
My bike is in the shop for suspension upgrade (Traxxion). I was sure it would be ready by today. But as you can see from the pic, its not even close to ready. The shop is taking the day off tomorrow and won't be open till Tuesday. With regrets, I will not be able to make it to the meetup. View attachment 47884 View attachment 47884
That's just flipping rude on their part. Didn't they know you were going on a trip?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Forecast at this time for Cortez is low-to-mid 80's Thu Fri Sat Sun, no rain in the forecast. Woo-hoo!

As luck would have it, apparently, I did the right thing by renting a MC trailer. We're heading out Wednesday, as previously noted. There's a VERY late winter system pushing down Wednesday morning, bringing snow to Wyoming and north-central Colorado. Will be a cold rain here. No worries, we'll be in the truck! Sometimes, I screw up and do the right thing :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I left home Mon and made it to a buddy’s house in Buhler KS for the night. Coming south from KC on I-35 south I was absolutely beat up by the wind. Worst I’ve ridden in in a long time.
The ride to Pueblo CO today was much better. And the switch to mountain time helped.
I saw these bicycle guy/gals crossing KS. They are doing LA CA to Boston. Spoke with a couple and the wind got them too.
Cortez CO tomorrow.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Made it into Cortez about 5:30ish today. Left Pueblo in misty rain and 47 degrees. Miserable ride with 14 layers of clothing. Well maybe not 14 but a lot. Went over some pass on Hwy 160 at 43 degrees and riding in a thick cloud. Could only see the double yellow so I missed the name of the pass or it’s height. It coming down the other side the sun came out and temps picked up slowly. 53 at Blanca where I had lunch at Lu’s. Not bad. And started stripping off those 14 layers. By the time I went thru Wolf Creek Pass it was 70. I could read the signage. At 60 miles out I did my last gas stop and it was in the 80s. Just as I checked in @swblake & wife rolled in. So I had good company for dinner. C the rest of ya soon.
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Ecoregion

121 - 140 of 160 Posts