CTX 1300 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
OK, here is a photo with some proper perspective (my bike not an afterthought)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant

And after reviewing my photos, I confirmed photos are just not my thing. I just dont make the effort, and the magnificent things that I want to capture dont turn up the same in print. I did, however, get a photo I liked in Capitol Reef the morning before arriving in Cortez. A crisp morning with no one around, the 1 mile R/T through the little gorge and back was fabulous - the dirt road keeping it slow like it needed to be.
Sky Plant community Plant Mountain Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Rolled in to the garage at home at 2:30pm today after 3109 miles to & from the meetup and rides out there in Cortez. Left there Sun morning but had to ride a crooked route landing in Kit Carson City CO and a little motel by the same KC name. Mon made it to Topeka KS for the night. Then home today. Stirling who I knew from the Loveland CO meetup had excellent routes for us out there. And I got to meet @swblake (Scott & Jacque) and @Lighter (James & Kim). I had a great time.
Cloud Water Sky Plant Plant community

Sky Mountain Plant community Plant Natural landscape
Water Water resources Plant community Ecoregion Plant

Wheel Tire Mountain Cloud Land vehicle

·
Registered
240 Posts
What a great trip for my wife and I!
I had never rode with CTX'S before, those bikes look great from the front and behind!
And what a nice group of folks to get to meet, hang out with and ride with! Stirling our group ride leader is no slouch on a bike in the twisties! Had to push a little to keep up with that Man! He never led us astray, knew when to stop for breaks and remarkably remembers everything!
Scott and Jacque were so fun to be around and Scott could push his CTX also to its limit even on the wrong side of the road!?!
Stan, a great guy also with some interesting stories and (watch out for that stalker! or not?) allways bringing up the rear in the rides, someone's got to do it!
Can't wait for the next meetup!
You all take care, & may God bless you!

·
Registered
240 Posts
So, my CTX1300 is going on another run, not too far from where we just were. My BIL & SIL from the Black Hills are meeting up with Jacque & me at my step-daughter and son-in-law's house in Grand Junction, for a Saturday & Sunday ride. I'll have to share some of our pix from the Cortez trip...
Jealous! Have fun!
That trip down I-70 from Denver to Grand Junction is one of my favorite rides.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Getting excited about Grand Junction! Think I'm gonna suggest CO-65, the Grand mesa route. Starts (north end) a short distance east of Palisade, which is just east of Grand Junction. Supposed to be a spectacular ride. Dumps you off just east of Delta, CO. About 140 miles, perfect!
Ecoregion Map World Natural environment Line

141 - 160 of 160 Posts