CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howzit crew. I am the Domma from Qld Au. My CTX 1300A 2014, spat its speaker dummy a couple of weeks ago, now it runs at half volume. I also have an issue with it that I am not sure is an issue, it is power delivery threw the shaft drive. I wonder if the drive system can be manipulated, nothing bad about its shaft system just wanna know if I haven't made any necessary adjustments outside of replacing the diff oil, with some noice SAE 80 Synthetic.
Thinking I am gunna have to buy a code reader to get the speakers to go full tilt again. It may be my fault as I put a lithium battery and usb plug under the seat.
Ta.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The shaft system sort of feels like a loose chain sometimes and at other times I guess if I was running a chain it was too tight? Maybe Lance Armstrong knows about this?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Welcome to the forum, @dearley268 !!! Don’t have any pearls of wisdom for your problems - mostly because I don’t know what “spat its speaker dummy” means. One thing you might try is disconnecting the battery cables for a good hour or more to allow all modules to reset themselves. Doesn’t cost anything, and may help the speaker situation. Good luck.

Reactions: Anthony

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Welcome to the forum, @dearley268 !!! Don’t have any pearls of wisdom for your problems - mostly because I don’t know what “spat its speaker dummy” means. One thing you might try is disconnecting the battery cables for a good hour or more to allow all modules to reset themselves. Doesn’t cost anything, and may help the speaker situation. Good luck.
I looked up up the phrase spat its speaker dummy in DuckDuckGo. It returned the Wikipedia page of Cornel West.

Anything else?

[Amazingly, Google returned this very page, which was just posted 10 hours ago. The All Seeing Eye.]

• Haha
Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,809 Posts
Welcome @dearley268

Can't help with the speaker issues much. Any modifications to the audio system? Maybe the speakers were over driven? The OEM speakers are not really high powered speakers. Also not likely that a code reader would or could do anything with the audio system.

On the drive issue it sounds like there may be possibly some slipping of the clutch? It is very unlikely that there would be anything wrong with the shaft itself or the spline gears at the rear wheel. Unless possibly teeth are missing from the spline gears? That would indicate REALLY hard abusive using of the bike or improper maintenance was done.
Slipping of the clutch is very possible if the wrong oil was used in recent or past oil changes. This bike has a "wet clutch" which means the same oil used in the engine is also shared with the clutch. Oil that is NOT specified as JASO MA or MA2 should never be used or the oil can destroy the clutch plates over a bit of time. A slipping clutch, even if it does grab after starting up down the road, is a primary symptom of the wrong type of oil being used. Sometimes it is possible to reverse the damage if it is not very severe, but sometimes it is too late to simply start using the right type of oil and only replacing the clutch plates can fix it.

Don't know if this is any help or if this is what is happening but just some thoughts on it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am going to check my notes the speaker issue. I recall reading that with certain button sequences the can be restricted to one of 3 levels. I thin it was in the owners manual.
I uploaded page 59 & 60 from the owners manual, I hope this solves the problem
Glen

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts