CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if you guys do this or not. When working in the garage, Iwas always flipping through the manual with my dirty hands. So I made up a cheat sheet on 8X10 and put in a page protector and posted it on the wall. This is a text version I made up.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76387122/CTX1300-Specs.rtf
Another version you may prefer(I do) is to copy each of the specs page as a graphic, then combine them into one pic and resize it to 8x10. Unfortunately posting that would be copy wright infringement.

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
446 Posts
(...)Unfortunately posting that would be copy wright infringement.
Only if their lawyer can convince the jury that a table of data is copyrightable (since facts, i.e. the numbers therein, are not) AND that your action actually hurt the publisher's revenue for the service manual (out of which the tables are under 1% of all content).

Furthermore, you could argue you actually improved the value proposition for the bike (and indirectly advertised for buying the full manual) by preparing the garage-wall sheet made up from those tables -- all of which heavily leans the scales towards fair use.

But then again, IANAL and the US is famous for unbelievable trial outcomes :D

Reactions: JBone

·
Registered
406 Posts
Only if their lawyer can convince the jury that a table of data is copyrightable (since facts, i.e. the numbers therein, are not) AND that your action actually hurt the publisher's revenue for the service manual (out of which the tables are under 1% of all content).

Furthermore, you could argue you actually improved the value proposition for the bike (and indirectly advertised for buying the full manual) by preparing the garage-wall sheet made up from those tables -- all of which heavily leans the scales towards fair use.

But then again, IANAL and the US is famous for unbelievable trial outcomes :D
:520::520::520::520::rolleyes::rolleyes::515::515::rotfl9:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts