CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a CTX 1300 and wonder if there is a gear selector to shift up with the instep and down with the heel.

Like on a HD Road King or as show below, for example.

Is such a gear shift lever available as an accessory, would I have to build it myself and does anyone have experience with it?

Any kind of support and comments would be helpful. Thanks to everyone and have an accident-free season.

·
Super Moderator
5,622 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Downtownrider
There are a few aftermarket heel/toe shift kits that may fit this bike same as for most standard shifted bikes. This setup is the very same as the ST1300 so you can compare and look for what fits that bike if none show compatible with the CTX1300.
However a warning is in order: It has been pointed out in more than one place that I have read (not just this forum) that on any bike not specifically designed for such a shift lever that the shift forks inside the transmission can be damaged from too much force when using the heel end of the lever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @Downtownrider
There are a few aftermarket heel/toe shift kits that may fit this bike same as for most standard shifted bikes. This setup is the very same as the ST1300 so you can compare and look for what fits that bike if none show compatible with the CTX1300.
However a warning is in order: It has been pointed out in more than one place that I have read (not just this forum) that on any bike not specifically designed for such a shift lever that the shift forks inside the transmission can be damaged from too much force when using the heel end of the lever.
Thanks for your nice welcome and for the suggestion about the ST 1300 and of course for the warning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just yesterday I posted a picture of a bike for sale that had that heel/toe shifter with floorboards. However it does not identify the mfg or if it was homemade. But it might give ya ideas. Look at White CTX1300 with heal toe shifter in USA . Ride Safe.
That´s it! With or without floorboards, no matter.
I'll make a copy of the photo and show it to my locksmith. It seems there is no general solution here, so I'll have to have something handmade.

I like the white one too. But unfortunately blue and white are very rare here in Europe and especially in Germany, black and red predominate here.

The CTX was intended more for the US market and relatively few were sold here. The ST 1300 sold much better. It is difficult to find a good used CTX at all. At the moment there are only 6 available in Germany.

Thanks and take care!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts