CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am 52 years old. Have ridden for 3 years. I am 5'8".

I have a Superlow 883. I want to move into a larger bike. Was choosing between a Goldwing and a HD Ultra.

I ride every day. To work (45 min) during the week and longer rides on the weekend with my son. Comfort is very important to me.

I just saw the CTX1300 and can't keep from going back to keep looking at it.

I was already leaning towards the Goldwing. The main reason is the ease of
low speed handling.

Has anyone made a similar trade?

How does it fit someone my height (5'8")?

Also...anyone know of any low speed maneuvering videos/reviews on the CTX1300?

PS. I have only owned 2 Harley's but I am not loyal to the brand...just want to enjoy my ride.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome to the forum Joey.
I often find myself having to ride about walking speed during my commute. I've ridden the CTX1300 every day to work since I bought it, in addition to other riding :D
In traffic, especially riding around the parking lot, I find I am able to crawl very slowly and still track straight up and straight ahead easily on this bike. I was able to do similar with my GW but not nearly as slowly as on the CTX. That was one of the bigger reasons I sold the GW... to find something not as bulky as the GW for this kind of close traffic situations I find myself in often on my commute. Don't have any videos of this however. Maybe after I buy one of those "follow me" camera drones :eek:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi..... I came off of an HD Ultra and I can tell you that the CTX handles better at slow speeds than the HD.... I'm a real fan of the CTX.....did a 10 hour ride yesterday.....I did see a video on you tube of the CTX doing the slow speed pilon corse like you see police motor officers do...

I think you'd like the CTX and may find it easier to handle than your sportster. I find it feels lighter than it is.

Good luck with your search......

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,053 Posts
Hi..... I came off of an HD Ultra and I can tell you that the CTX handles better at slow speeds than the HD.... I'm a real fan of the CTX.....did a 10 hour ride yesterday.....I did see a video on you tube of the CTX doing the slow speed pilon corse like you see police motor officers do...

I think you'd like the CTX and may find it easier to handle than your sportster. I find it feels lighter than it is.

Good luck with your search......
Croxy, Could you post a link to the video you mentioned? I would love to see it. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!

I really like having feedback from someone who has made the swap like you have. This really helps.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Croxy, Could you post a link to the video you mentioned? I would love to see it. Thanks
I saw it on you tube a while ago....see if I can find it.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Reactions: bob

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,053 Posts
Wow, Great Video. My previous bikes could not do that! He scrapped the pegs a few times.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Were his turn signal LED's strobing?

Eric

·
Registered
446 Posts
Were his turn signal LED's strobing?
Eric
They most probably were not (to the human eye), but nowadays LED drivers are nothing like the plain old resistor of 10 years ago. They work like DC-DC converters and use PWM to average out the spec'd current for the LED over a unit of time. Some of them are even smarter and change their duty cycle depending on the current temperature of the LED chip.

The camera's shutter frequency and the PWM frequency were probably close to a harmonic of each other so that's why, on the video, you can almost see them flashing.

Same kind of optical illusion happens when you see YouTube videos of drones: look at the propellers as the drone crosses the camera's field and you'll "see" they appear to have very strange shapes :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts