CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about a Spring meet and ride May 16 thru 19 before the weather gets too hot. Rondavaus would be at Fancy Gap Cabins and Campground at Fancy Gap , Virginia. Great area for riding, up and down BRP in Va. and NC. as well as the Shenandoa Valley and West Va. Accomadations are tenting $25, Cabins $55, Motel $70. Restaurants are nearby. Average daytime temp is 62, high of 72, nitetime min temp is 54. Campground is within sight of the BRP. Anyone interested?

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I would certainly consider this. I'm already looking at a solo trip in this time frame. It's almost two months from the July meetup so that doesn't concern me. While I will be there in July, I do prefer the cooler months!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have no intention of interfering with July ride. I intend on being there also. With all the members we have, especially thoes located on the east coast, I don't see why some of them wouldnt want to meet and ride more than once a year. If I get enough response I'll layout rides , if not I'll go myself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
following. I live in VA and May would be a nice time to get away for a couple of days. and it's beautiful riding.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Would love to be there for this meet up but I already have plans to be in Hilton Head, SC that weekend. Sounds like a great weekend. I wish I could be there.

·
Registered
453 Posts
2030 miles Phoenix to Fancy Gap via mostly I40/I81. =676 miles per day for 3 days. Extra 1/2 day to goof off.
I was just hinting that I made the trek from south Texas to the Meetup in the Mountains last fall (1,578 miles) in just under 28 hours. Not a feat for everybody, but it can be fun!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thinking about a Spring meet and ride May 16 thru 19 before the weather gets too hot. Rondavaus would be at Fancy Gap Cabins and Campground at Fancy Gap , Virginia. Great area for riding, up and down BRP in Va. and NC. as well as the Shenandoa Valley and West Va. Accomadations are tenting $25, Cabins $55, Motel $70. Restaurants are nearby. Average daytime temp is 62, high of 72, nitetime min temp is 54. Campground is within sight of the BRP. Anyone interested?
Sucks being a worker bee. Missed NC meetup, can't make the July meetup (practically in my back yard), and won't be done grading exams until May 17, so it looks like I'd miss this as well.

Any time in May after the 17th and I'd be there...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Will be doing a Spring ride to Fancy Gap Va. Plan on doing the "Claw of The Dragon" ride , about 235 miles. Also planning on visiting the Wood Bros. Nascar museum in Stuart Va. No charge. Will put together a ride in that area as well . I know the area well as my daughter used to live there. Will also visit Mt. rogers , the highest point in Va. Also planning stopping at the Blue Ridge Music Center on the Blue Ridge Pkwy. Some of the riding will be done on the Pkwy, very beautiful at that time of the year.Checked with Fancy Gap campground and they will allow 2 tents per site for $25 per site. $12.50 each. Any CTX riders and their friends are welcome. Reservations are encouraged, especially for the cabins or motel rooms. Campground is actually on the BRP. Let me know if you're interested .

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will be doing a Spring ride to Fancy Gap Va. Plan on doing the "Claw of The Dragon" ride , about 235 miles. Also planning on visiting the Wood Bros. Nascar museum in Stuart Va. No charge. Will put together a ride in that area as well . I know the area well as my daughter used to live there. Will also visit Mt. rogers , the highest point in Va. Also planning stopping at the Blue Ridge Music Center on the Blue Ridge Pkwy. Some of the riding will be done on the Pkwy, very beautiful at that time of the year.Checked with Fancy Gap campground and they will allow 2 tents per site for $25 per site. $12.50 each. Any CTX riders and their friends are welcome. Reservations are encouraged, especially for the cabins or motel rooms. Campground is actually on the BRP. Let me know if you're interested .
Anybody joining me at Fancy Gap in May? Have a friend riding a CTX 700 coming from St. Mary Ga. and Themobilecycleshop.com owner coming from Raleigh area .

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I’m still up in the air waiting on decision from my wife. She wants to go to blowing rock area at same time. Not on my bike i might add! We’re both waiting on weather forecast so I’ll know soon if I will be at fancy gap or not. Should be fun as it’s perfect time of year for riding in mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 42 Posts