CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if a Standard front rim will fit onto a Deluxe? Also, is the standard a silver color rather than the Deluxe's black?

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,809 Posts
All Standard versions in the USA (the only place they exist) are silver. The only issue you will find putting a Standard front wheel onto a Deluxe model is the ABS ring IIRC. I don't remember if the Standard rim has mounting holes for the ABS ring. Oh, and the right front caliper needs to have the mounting for the ABS sensor. Otherwise it should fit.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I would think the only difference in rims is the color. The standard is silver, and it would be counter productive to have two different axle sizes for the same bike. What are you going to do about the ABS rotor? Without looking at the service book, I'm not sure if there may be a difference in the hubs for that.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Looked one over really close on EBay vs mine. Looks like only difference is that on the RH side there are no threaded holes for the ABS ring. See blue marks in pic. Otherwise, no difference I can see.
Photograph Light Font Screenshot Technology

Reactions: Stlburd2 and bob

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping to obtain another front rim (with tire). While riding in the mountains on a weekend I got a flat that could not be repaired. I planned on having a spare rim to swap at the motel (in the truck/trailer). I will wait till a Deluxe rim shows up on eBay. It would seem to me that the cost to stock two different rims for the same model isn't cost effective. But what do I know?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I had a rear tire do that. Found the nearest shop with a tire and called Geico. Everything was taken care of. And apparently, the tow truck companies love a Geico call. They must pay well. Only cost me the tire and mounting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts