CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day. I would like to share information on how I installed the music on the standard version of the motorcycle. I followed a difficult path, but my plans are to make a deluxe version of the standard version. The installation kit consists of the following parts:
1) Left and right side buttons (deluxe)
2) Full wiring (deluxe)
3) Audio module with mount
4) Speakers db501
This kit was installed on a standard motorcycle. The hardest part is installing new wiring. All wires were installed in their factory locations and original fasteners. As beautiful as the factory.;) After installation, everything worked right away! Many will say that it is expensive, but for all the parts it cost me about 400usd and 6 hours of work. And now the photo)
P.S. Sorry for my English :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Woof.. that was quite the feat! Way beyond my level of patience. Thank you for sharing those photos. (And I like your key ring.. nice!)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully this will be helpful for ctx1300 owners.
Blubruce, I sent it to my personal messages where you can buy such a key ring.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX 1300 Deluxe
97 Posts
I am a bit curious as to why you are converting your Standard CTX in to a Deluxe CTX. Completely none of my business but I was wondering if you would share the reason and your end goal.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am a bit curious as to why you are converting your Standard CTX in to a Deluxe CTX. Completely none of my business but I was wondering if you would share the reason and your end goal.

Thanks,
James
Because it's interesting. It's like a hobby. Now work is underway to install the abs system. Unfortunately, there is not enough information on our forum and no one can tell you how to do this and at minimal cost. Take, for example, the ECU block, how to flash it into the deluxe version. I am also limited to spare parts since there are very few of them and I only know ebay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day. I would like to share information on how I installed the music on the standard version of the motorcycle. I followed a difficult path, but my plans are to make a deluxe version of the standard version. The installation kit consists of the following parts:
2) Full wiring (deluxe)
4) Speakers db501
This kit was installed on a standard motorcycle. The hardest part is installing new wiring. All wires were installed in their factory locations and original fasteners. As beautiful as the factory.;) After installation, everything worked right away! Many will say that it is expensive, but for all the parts it cost me about 400usd and 6 hours of work. And now the photo)
View attachment 46772 View attachment 46773 View attachment 46774 View attachment 46775 View attachment 46776 View attachment 46777
Where do you live? I'll swing by with mine after I get off work and you can get started!
Seriously, I'm impressed!
Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
2) Full wiring (deluxe)
4) Speakers db501
View attachment 46772 View attachment 46773 View attachment 46774 View attachment 46775 View attachment 46776 View attachment 46777

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are a better man than me. Smarter, too. I like my 'toons on an extended ride, but had to go with full-face due to the tiny windscreen on the bike. I got one with Bluetooth on Amazon for a little over $200. I liked it so much I bought a second one (one white, one flat black). I get stereo sound inside the helmet, my playlist, or FM radio, can take and receive calls, turn-by-turn directions. I charge them twice monthly and am really pleased with them. Also added a supplemental windscreen (Amazon $17). Delivery took a month, but it was worth it. Wind is now directed more above shoulders rather than on my chest. Thanks to this Forum for that idea, too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are a better man than me. Smarter, too. I like my 'toons on an extended ride, but had to go with full-face due to the tiny windscreen on the bike. I got one with Bluetooth on Amazon for a little over $200. I liked it so much I bought a second one (one white, one flat black). I get stereo sound inside the helmet, my playlist, or FM radio, can take and receive calls, turn-by-turn directions. I charge them twice monthly and am really pleased with them. Also added a supplemental windscreen (Amazon $17). Delivery took a month, but it was worth it. Wind is now directed more above shoulders rather than on my chest. Thanks to this Forum for that idea, too.
Music in a helmet is good. This is one of the simplest solutions for listening to music. This stage has already passed. There was already music in the helmet.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Music in a helmet is good. This is one of the simplest solutions for listening to music. This stage has already passed. There was already music in the helmet.:)
Maybe for you, but I am an 80 year-old luddite. Music in the helmet is brand new to me. I've been open-faced since the 70's, just went to full-face since I bought the CTX (last year) with the tiny windscreen. Started open-face in the 50's, full-face in the 70's then back to open-face from the 80's until last year. This is my first experience with Bluetooth/radio in the helmet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe for you, but I am an 80 year-old luddite. Music in the helmet is brand new to me. I've been open-faced since the 70's, just went to full-face since I bought the CTX (last year) with the tiny windscreen. Started open-face in the 50's, full-face in the 70's then back to open-face from the 80's until last year. This is my first experience with Bluetooth/radio in the helmet. View attachment 46860 View attachment 46861
It is very cool! At 80 years old, riding a motorcycle deserves respect! Best wishes from me!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts