CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted a Stebel air horn to their CTX yet ? And If you have, where did you mount it?

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Good question! I have a Stebel Nautilus from my ST1100 that I kept for this bike. But I couldn't figure out a place to mount it that I liked. Honda has filled in under the plastic on the CTX1300 very well. It is packed in there. I didn't want to hang it outside the plastic so decided to go with a Highway Blaster (not Fiamm Freeway Blaster) that I bought at Auto Zone and mounted that along with the factory horn in the factory mounting off the lower triple tree. See my post HERE on that. It's not quite as loud as I thought the Stebel was but it is very close, very loud and I know by their reactions the BCD hear it just fine.

I still have the Stebel and am thinking of selling it.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I too have noticed that there is no spare room to mount it. Sure hate to loose that nice loud horn. hate the meep meep that Honda puts on these bikes. What car or truck moving into your space is going to even give a thought to moving back to their space?

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Check out what is available at your local Auto supply store. Cost is low and the mounting point is already on your bike (replace or supplement existing horn). Output on mine is about the same as my old Stebel. If you replace you could use the factory wires and just plug n play. I wanted both so added a relay and some wire to dedicate just to the pair of horns.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I bought one of those and spent half a day trying to find a place to mount it. Space is a premium under the cowl, and I just could not get it to work. Problem is, it must be mounted in a near vertical position, and it is fairly long for the space we have to work with. No matter how I tried to get it to fit, I would either have interference when the bars are turned lock-to-lock, or I was too close to the fender and wasn't sure I would have enough clearance if the forks bottomed out. Since I had already installed a relay for the air horn, I went ahead and used two highway blasters (hi & low) instead.

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
168 Posts
Has anyone mounted a Stebel air horn to their CTX yet ? And If you have, where did you mount it?
A little bit late to qoute perhaps but today I mounted a stebel in the same place as the oem miepmiep horn.
A little bit of bending the old strip and it fits perfectly

nice sound no miep miep anymore but: BWLAAAAA :smileygarden_de_ban

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
I found that even my disc horn with trumpet was too close to the front fender and scratched it even though it was thinner than my old Stebel horn. I had to reposition the trumpet to one side to clear the fender when the front went over bumps. Better check on that.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
A little bit late to qoute perhaps but today I mounted a stebel in the same place as the oem miepmiep horn.
A little bit of bending the old strip and it fits perfectly

nice sound no miep miep anymore but: BWLAAAAA :smileygarden_de_ban
As @bob said, I mounted the stebel and it hit my fender during testing in the garage just holding the brake and pushing the bike. I took it off and haven't tried a different position yet. Just plugged in a freeway blaster instead.
It may be the angle of the photo, but yours looks mighty close.....

·
Registered
168 Posts
As @bob said, I mounted the stebel and it hit my fender during testing in the garage just holding the brake and pushing the bike. I took it off and haven't tried a different position yet. Just plugged in a freeway blaster instead.
It may be the angle of the photo, but yours looks mighty close.....
Yes that occured also at my place.
also up in the fairing is to little space.
I have mounted the stebel horizontal. that saves about one inch or so.
It is not as they discribe it in the instructions manual but it works.

Reactions: willajabir
1 - 10 of 10 Posts