CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my red 2014 CTX700 yesterday and bought a red 2014 CTX1300 Deluxe. The 700 was about 1 1/2 years old and the first bike I have owned in 40 years. The 700 was my reintroduction into motorcycles and it is a really nice bike, but I wanted to travel further, safer, and more comfortably. And with Honda giving bonus bucks and the dealer giving a nice trade in amount, this was the time to make the move.

I do miss a couple of things from the 700. I had floorboards that were very comfortable with the legs in a more forward position than the 1300. Of course, the floorboards don't work on the 1300. I also liked the position of the handlebars on the 700. The 1300 handlebars make my throttle hand ache after a while. With the help of this forum, I know I'll find a lot of good advice on both subjects. Oh, gotta pick up a taller windshield. Don't know if I want to go with the Honda tall screen or the Cee Bailey.

I'm glad I stepped up. The 1300 is a very nice ride.

See you in the forum.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Howdy and welcome aboard.

Rox risers seem to be popular with the handlebar adjusters.
1R-AV2PP on this thread.

Or if ya just need a throttle lock: Throttle Locks.
Maybe just a throttle boss/wrist rest.

And yes, if you are going long distance, the taller shield is wonderful. I think both those are great shields and you can't go wrong with either one (unless you are really really tall?).

Edit: Don't forget to post a pic or 2 of your new ride....

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Search this forum for

• Kuryakyn miniboards
  • Kuryakyn and other brands of padded grips
  • Kuryakyn and other brands of throttle boss

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome and congrats.
For the least expensive help on the throttle I use a cramp buster. Though I am thinking of getting a throttle lock of some kind also. Just returned from a long (for me) trip and I made all of 660 miles there in one shot. Lot o miles for me in a day, but was still going fine when I arrived.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts