CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rider/owner for 45 years. Told my friends I took my red Yamaha Majesty 400, winter stored it in my daughter's garage for 4 months with a IV steroid drip. When I opened the doors the red CTX1300 was there. Seriously, for a few years I've considered getting something a bit more robust than my around town commuter. I also have a semi-restored 1983 R80RT. When I saw a recent advert here in Utah for a red CTX1300 standard for $10,200.00 (plus fees, tax, lic - $11,800 OTD) I took the plunge. After all, a 2014 Burgman or BMW 650 scooter are going for $10,900 to $13,900 plus fees, etc. I couldn't pass this one up. For the past week I've been enjoying it immensely here in northern Utah and look forward to extended riding with my wife and friends. I had been looking at the Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 for the past couple of years, but always, since a teenager, I've liked the sports tourer style of bike. Easier for commuting around town as well as the occasional long trip. Plan on visiting kids and grandkids in Arizona.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I told my wife I made mine using a Star Fleet replicator. Cause she knows I can't stand the sight of needles.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome @cybertool!
Just what was IN that drip??? :D
This CTX1300 has puzzled even the best, most experienced mc riders about just what category to put it in. I don't care. Is it a tourer, a cruiser, a sport tourer, a bagger? I don't care. It's a CTX1300! That's all that really matters to me. I really don't consider it any one category since it really depends on how you use it. I guess bagger comes closest to it but it's really more than even that. ST riders don't consider their bikes a bagger even if they do come factory with only paniers. This bike can keep up with many ST bikes depending on the rider. So can a GL1500 or GL1800. I just like how this bike rides and handles. I hope you continue with "enjoying it immensely" in northern Utah.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hey @cybertool,
45 years riding huh? Still a younster....
Welcome aboard. I've already done a few scooters as well and had told my wife the next bike I get will be the bat cycle (NM4), but when I saw the CTX in person, it was love at first sight.
You got some nice riding areas out there too. I've ridden a few of those roads and need to go back.

I bet your daughter was sneaking something into that IV!!!!! Prolly coffee hahahaha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts