CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was at a gathering at the Reynolds Museum in Wataskiwin, Alberta.of about 400-500 bikes, all kinds but only one CTX :)
A number of people asked what kind of Gold Wing is this?
It sure gets a lot of interest and attention.

Glen

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
When people ask, I tell them "It's a four cylinder GW."

·
Registered
129 Posts
Last weekend I stopped for gas and two different guys commented what a good looking new GoldWing it was. One guy was shocked to here it wasn’t and was a 2014 model.
I have had similar experiences. On one occasion, a guy started to ask me how I liked the new Wing. Then, he noticed the engine. He said, “Wait a minute. That isn’t a Wing. What the heck is it?” When I told him the CTX story, he was stunned to find out it was a 2014 model, and shocked to hear how little I paid for it. What a gem this machine is!

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ran into a guy with a 2016 ST1300 former cop bike. I thought the engine went away after our bikes, but I guess not. He said it put out 125hp. Sounded exactly the same at idle.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yep, only the police version continued to be produced after 2012. Don't know if they also are still.
Your local police force can still order one (a 2016 version it seems):

that fuel tank!
"
  • 7.7-gallon, dual-section fuel tank
"

and you can find them on the used market:

aftermarket support addons:

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
There will always be something missing on even the most tech loaded bike ever made. Just the nature of business and the ability of the market to bear the cost for what IS included. Technology is not always about the electrical gadgets, those are all nice additions, but it is about the process of creating the machine from reliability of the engine and drive train to the ergonomics.

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
I used to have to do that when I would call the Honda parts desk for a few parts. They sounded like they heard me initially and then quoted me a part number for the VTX so I'd have to very carefully use the military phonetic alphabet to get them to finally understand I was saying CTX (Charlie-Tango-Xray). And sometimes they would ask who makes that or at other times start telling me I must mean the 700!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was bringing my CTX into the local Honda dealer here in Colorado Springs for a rear tire R&R, they asked me several times which Honda model, each time I replied "2014 Honda CTX1300". Not only did they not have my tire size (I dealt with BikeBandit.com for that), but they had never heard of a CTX1300. When I showed up with the bike the next day, the service manager and a couple mechanics came out to see what it was! I got rave reviews, and later they said a number of customers were asking about it as well. It reached the level of humorous! Nothing like having a unique bike, I guess...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts