CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who are interested in a inexpensive strobe control/ LED brake light module
This website has a smoking hot deal thats hard to beat.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/strobe-controllers/brake-light-strobe-module/195/845/
I have one on my wife's CTX1300 and on my FJR1300. The installation is easy and shouldn't take more than 30 minutes if you have any common sense and a simple tool or two from hardware store.
If anyone is interested I will post pictures on which wires make the whole thing happen.
Read description on website for details

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
For those who are interested in a inexpensive strobe control/ LED brake light module
This website has a smoking hot deal thats hard to beat.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/strobe-controllers/brake-light-strobe-module/195/845/
I have one on my wife's CTX1300 and on my FJR1300. The installation is easy and shouldn't take more than 30 minutes if you have any common sense and a simple tool or two from hardware store.
If anyone is interested I will post pictures on which wires make the whole thing happen.
Read description on website for details
Yes, Please post a picture or two and a description of your process. It seems this unit was developed for autos? Not bikes? But that probably doesn't matter.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Nice unit for a very nice price.
Had something similar on my GW. A wig-wag control. Only problem with the one I had is that it would wig-wag the 2 factory brake lights continuously as long as the brakes were on. This condition is illegal in most states. So this unit, like most these days, does go solid on and that is a good thing.
The law in most states is that brake lights may flash, but only for maybe 6 seconds or 6 flashes (depending on the wording of the code) and then must go solid. Found this out when I was studying the Iowa code, and then some other states as well, for some other lights I was adding to my ST. Also, you will want to verify with your state code if it is even legal to modify the stock lights with this module. In Iowa it is not legal to modify the stock lights with the only exception of adding a modulating headlight controller which is regulated by Federal law. So I go with additional lighting.

BTW- I've never been pulled over for lighting. I was told by State Patrol here that it's unlikely, but possible, with one of the added lights on my ST. I had a Knight Riderz LED tail light bar that I added that was a moving running light until the brakes applied, then it was flash for 6 seconds and then solid. It was bright, and only $30 from CustomDynamics.com. They now have a non-moving version that still flashes for brakes that I might add to the CTX.

BTW-2- Here's some information about added or modified mc lights to think about from California:
Pulled Over By Nice Cop On PCH - YouTube

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wiring for LED brake strobe

Remove the seat and disconnect wire harness (by pulling up on connector clip) from frame as shown below. This makes it easier to do your splicing on wire harness closest to brake light. Leave the harness closest to front of bike alone.
Green/yellow wire is brake.
Green wire is ground.
Follow direction on strobe module. Easy peasy.
Use what ever splice connector you prefer.
Let me know if you need more pictures

Attachments

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Thanks guy! That makes sense of the wireing diagram for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts