CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, First ever forum user .
Been riding/racing 45 yrs now. Pickin up new CTX1300 today.
I am a fulltime Custom Gunsmith in Maryland, have owned numerous brands types of bikes since 1972. Flat tracked, scrambles ,endures, etc.
First new street bike was a 650 Yamaha in 1977. Married 24 yrs to an amazing girl who enjoys riding and shooting too. The forum was agreat help in researching the CTX and I think it be good to be helpful to other riders here. I'll need tips on navigating this new forum thing so please be gentle .

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Well, you found your way to the Introductions section first, so you're off to a fine start. From the main forum page, everything is right there -- navigating is easy. Don't worry, if you do happen to post something in the wrong place, we'll quietly move it to the right one.

Enjoy, and congrats on the new ride. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Hey SUPERVEL, I think you're going to really like the new CTX. This forum is a great source of info that will help you enjoy it to its fullest. By the way, just to put your heart aflutter, I think I have your old XS650. (Probably not.)

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
The 1977 Yamaha XS650 in question. I think I messed up the first attempt to post.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome @SUPERVEL.
Just feel free to poke around the forums and sub-forums. Can't hurt anything. And you might just find something that will surprise you. Don't forget that most of the sub-forums here have more than one page... same as most of the threads.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey SUPERVEL, I think you're going to really like the new CTX. This forum is a great source of info that will help you enjoy it to its fullest. By the way, just to put your heart aflutter, I think I have your old XS650. (Probably not.)
Thanks very much,rode it some this evening. Very impressive machine BUT dealer sorta goofed and didn't get the backrest parts
in for this weekend. She's disappointed to say the least as am I. We'll be going for a lower seat and the best comfort possible for her.
Thanks again

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Red 650 with Big Mikunis off of my 1/2 mile bike,.......
Anyway I do have a question for the forum. Has anyone adjusted thier handlebars down ? Mine block my
good view of mirrors and I could shorten them too but will wait until I have more time on it.

Thanks supervel

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
There are a few threads about that early on as well as sprinkled through the year. Yes, most of us have adjusted the bars down, or had the dealer do it. My dealer had it done for me before I picked mine up after I mentioned about it and they had it just right. The reservoirs will be in front of the inside bottom corner of your view of the mirrors and the bottom of your fingers and grips will be seen in the mirrors across part of the very top. This may be different if you are either taller or shorter, but that's how it is for me anyway. I'm 5'9" and have a 32" inseam. Shortening the bars may end up being somewhat problematic because they are not the same diameter all over. The main bar is 1 1/8" out to near the ends. The section that the reservoir clamps are on is reduced to 1" and then there is another reduction to 7/8" for the grips themselves. A few members here have added ROX risers to bring the bars closer to them. I'm not sure how this might affect the view of the mirrors but it does bring the grips closer back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts