CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without welding something onto the frame, there isn't any availability to provide any highway pegs.
SwingWing Pegs seemed like a viable option:

They were really easy to put on.

(You can see self-made brake pedal extender there, too.)

The new pegs feel great! (same size as miniboards) and allow a nice stretch out with the wings extended (you have to pull over and manually extend or retract them).

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like the idea of those pegs....How do you find them for clearance while cornering???.....I've scraped my stock pegs already and I can only imagine that they would touch down even sooner.......

:ty:

·
Registered
406 Posts
I like them TOO! What part number and who makes them please? Also DID you have to extend the brake pedal or did you just do that for your own comfort

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
do those pegs come in BLACK? :D

I'm sure they would touch down much sooner. But the reason for having them, and having them extended, is during relatively relaxed cruising/touring and not while carving curves.
I'll bet the might loosen up a little with time so they could be extended or retracted while underway. Or is there a spring or latch in the hinge point that would prohibit that?

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like them TOO! What part number and who makes them please? Also DID you have to extend the brake pedal or did you just do that for your own comfort
Regarding extending my brake pedal, I did that so I wouldn't keep bonking my shin into the valve cover. Now with the broader floorboard, all I have to do is rotate my foot inward a little bit and the brake pedal is right there.
Here's my technique.
I've since reduced how far it extends from what's pictured.

Reactions: RDNY

·
Registered
128 Posts
These pegs will make it easy to keep your legs away from the engine heat. :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Regarding extending my brake pedal, I did that so I wouldn't keep bonking my shin into the valve cover. Now with the broader floorboard, all I have to do is rotate my foot inward a little bit and the brake pedal is right there.
Here's my technique.
I've since reduced how far it extends from what's pictured.

Do you happen to remember which adapter part number you used since it does specifically list the ctx... I am in Jacksonville florisa for a one day layover before starting the 50 CC part.. I would really like these installed today if possible

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Do you happen to remember which adapter part number you used since it does specifically list the ctx... I am in Jacksonville florisa for a one day layover before starting the 50 CC part.. I would really like these installed today if possible
Adaptor #8808.

You'll open and extend the wing of the SwingWing to access the bolt that secures the stock adaptor, so you can replace it with the 8808 (took me awhile to figure that out originally).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do those pegs come in BLACK? :D

I'm sure they would touch down much sooner. But the reason for having them, and having them extended, is during relatively relaxed cruising/touring and not while carving curves.
I'll bet the might loosen up a little with time so they could be extended or retracted while underway. Or is there a spring or latch in the hinge point that would prohibit that?
Bob's right...
There is a spring-loaded latch that you must manually engage to swing the wing out, and it then clicks into position. You can't swing it back in without pulling over and manually engaging the latch to release the wing.

We just completed at 750+ mile California coast tour, so I had several opportunities to use them.
There were lots of curvy roads, so I kept them in most of the time, and when I did extend them, I missed the nice broad floorboard feel of when they're retracted.

I guess if I do a straight shot through the desert I'd extend them, otherwise, I think that look (an feel) really cool retracted anyway.

Oh!, one more thing.
There is a fancy little decorative backwards-facing spike-like projection of the wing when it's in its retracted position:

I've impaled my shin(s) with it a few times while walking my bike backwards. Oh, man, that thing's a killer!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Adaptor #8808.

You'll open and extend the wing of the SwingWing to access the bolt that secures the stock adaptor, so you can replace it with the 8808 (took me awhile to figure that out originally).
THANK YOU SIR.. I just got off the phone here in Jacksonville fl with a local dealer ,,he has them,, now to see if they can get me in to install them

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Forward peg searchers. I have designed a forward peg adapter that does not require welding of any sort. The adapter is 1/4 steel and mounts securely to the frame. The adapter bracket is getting powder coated this coming week(10/20/14) and I will have pictures soon after.

Thanks,

Menosabe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts