CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
907 Posts
I haven't found a tank bag yet that I wanted to buy, but I have had great luck using a bicycle handlebar bag. I know, I know... it's made for a BICYCLE. But still, these bags fit the bill for me, being able to hold a pair of gloves, my baseball cap, phone, charging cords, sunglasses etc. I have a different one than the WalMart-purchased bag that I used last year. This new one is completely black and seems to be working out great. I don't have a recent pic of it mounted, but I will try to get one posted soon. Here's a link to the actual bag from Amazon: Amazon.com : Bell STOWAWAY 300 Small Handlebar Bag Black : Bike Handlebar Bags : Sports & Outdoors
Hope this helps, and if you do find a perfect tank bag, let us know! :)

Reactions: Mohr

· Registered
227 Posts
I haven't found a tank bag that has magnets that stick to plastic.

Reactions: 4401

· Registered
2,003 Posts
I haven't found a tank bag that has magnets that stick to plastic.
Yours must be defective. Take it back to the dealer for warranty repair :smileygarden_de_ban

· Registered
313 Posts
Just curious if anyone has tried to use a tank bag on their CTX? On several previous bikes I have owned I used a tank bag and it came in handy.
I have a magnetic tank bag that I used with my old bike, and my very clever wife sewed some straps to it and it now works just fine on a plastic bike. It really needs pictures to show how it works, but I am too tired and lazy to do that tonight... sorry.

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
I've had a tank bag on my last two bikes, an ST1100 and Burgman 650. I didn't need one on my GL1500... or at least didn't think I needed one. I really didn't see a way to mount one on my CTX1300 the way I liked so I went a different direction. I added a tail bag instead. See HERE for details and a photo. I got mine from Amazon.com (the link is down in the thread a few posts).

As far as magnetic mountings... I know a few ST1100 riders who fixed that problem. That bike also has a plastic top shelter in place of a metal tank. They glued large disk magnets on the underside of the top shelter at the very places needed for the mag mounts of their tank bags. You have to be careful to align the polarity of the magnets properly or the mounts will repel instead of hold. I used straps on my ST1100 and Burgman tank bags. Worked well for me.

· Premium Member
1,160 Posts
I haven't found a tank bag yet that I wanted to buy, but I have had great luck using a bicycle handlebar bag. I know, I know... it's made for a BICYCLE. But still, these bags fit the bill for me, being able to hold a pair of gloves, my baseball cap, phone, charging cords, sunglasses etc. I have a different one than the WalMart-purchased bag that I used last year. This new one is completely black and seems to be working out great. I don't have a recent pic of it mounted, but I will try to get one posted soon. Here's a link to the actual bag from Amazon: Amazon.com : Bell STOWAWAY 300 Small Handlebar Bag Black : Bike Handlebar Bags : Sports & Outdoors
Hope this helps, and if you do find a perfect tank bag, let us know! :)
I have a magnetic tank bag that I used with my old bike, and my very clever wife sewed some straps to it and it now works just fine on a plastic bike. It really needs pictures to show how it works, but I am too tired and lazy to do that tonight... sorry.
:worthless:x2!

:ty:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.