CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CTX 1300. The temperature reading on the front display is not working. The reading that gives you outside temperature. Does anyone know where the temp sensor is, so I can check if it is functioning properly.:350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
The service manual shows it on page 20-26 under the front fairing, under and behind the headlight, just in front of the right fork tube when the front wheel is straight. It should be sticking just below the bottom of the panel there. Looks like a black slotted cylinder held in a rectangular block. Here is a photo looking up from beside the right side of the front wheel. The sensor is just to the left (in the photo) of the fork tube.

The connector is just a short distance from the mounting. The SM shows how to check. Resistance between the connector terminals should be 4.9-5.1 kohms at 25*C or 77*F.

Maybe you got a bug stuck on it? It will read high if you are stopped for a short time at a light or running very slow in traffic.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Maybe you got a bug stuck on it? It will read high if you are stopped for a short time at a light or running very slow in traffic.
I've also noticed it read high for a while after the bike has been parked in the sun. It usually regulates itself back to normal with some airflow within a few minutes of riding, though. This has never troubled me.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts