CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank Willa Jabir in particular, and others who posted about the CTX. It was a recommendation on a forgotten forum that clued me in to the merits of a bike I'd never heard of. And it was Willa's travel blog that cemented my determination to see the bike in person. I had a feeling during test drive that I would buy it, and did.

It was hard letting go of my Sportster Stage 1. It was aggressive in a pleasing way, yet two weeks after trading to the CTX, I learned this: Harleys are gutsy and elicit strong feelings; the CTX is (as someone said) an Acura on two wheels and elicits loyalty.

I've put on 1,000 miles in two weeks in all kinds of weather. It's taken getting used to a quiet bike, yet it's a joy to operate and a very agreeable companion.

My wife now looks forward to rides without reservation, and for that I am grateful.

Thanks, everyone -- and thanks for this forum.

Russell

·
Registered
6 Posts
I came from a built Honda v twin that I absolutely loved the sound of. I wish the CTX had some kind of pipe option to help out in that department.

That being said, I absolutely enjoy riding far more then I ever have in the past. The CTX is a joy to ride and is so easy it lets you focus on the other parts of the ride that often get missed. I'm glad I took a chance on the CTX, so far it's proven to be an extremely capable bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that the CTX is a joy to ride. I keep trying to find reasons to go out. And usually do. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts