CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, thanks for having me.

Looks like I am a soon to be new owner of a CTX. Will make final decision tomorrow. But, put down deposit, etc and barring anything well, weird, pretty well a done deal.

From my research this bike was designed / marketed to me. So not wanting a Harley or cruiser bike. Performance bikes are from glory days of old. This bike should be a great fit for its intended purpose.

Live in Payson Arizona which is 90 miles from Flagstaff, Sedona, Scottsdale and Show Low. Beautiful country with elevation changes of 1,000' in Scottsdale to 7,000' in Flagstaff.

Opted for the Deluxe in blue. Folks at Western Honda in Scottsdale were no nonsense, easy transaction guys. Really a nice buying experience. Got a whole lot more bike than I figured I would.

Looking forward to learning more about the bike, riding, etc.

Anyways, thanks again for having me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@payson,
Welcome aboard. 1/5 of my family lived in flagstaff for yarns. Spread out about 10 yarns ago. Back to the point, congrats on the blue babe. Bob will appreciate the company. Seems Red & Black have been dominate color so far.
I hope you like the bike as much as I. Did ya order any accessories yet, or waiting till ya ride it to decide?
Yep, looks like you got a steal. I'm assuming they promo is taken by the dealer to get you that low a price? That's what mine did. I was still happy. You should have it broke in over the weekend :smiley-party0005:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We should call the cops...YOU STOLE THAT BIKE! :)
I texted a friend that picture. He said "what bike?" Told him. I could almost see him jumping up and down when he texted back - BUY IT!

Welcome to the forum. Great bunch of people here, also very informative too. Congrats on your new ride.
Thanks. Bike is still en-route from LA. My schedule is such that I likely wont "take delivery" for a few weeks.

@payson,
Welcome aboard. 1/5 of my family lived in flagstaff for yarns. Spread out about 10 yarns ago. Back to the point, congrats on the blue babe. Bob will appreciate the company. Seems Red & Black have been dominate color so far.
I hope you like the bike as much as I. Did ya order any accessories yet, or waiting till ya ride it to decide?
Yep, looks like you got a steal. I'm assuming they promo is taken by the dealer to get you that low a price? That's what mine did. I was still happy. You should have it broke in over the weekend :smiley-party0005:
Sure they kept promos, etc. Really a great value at this price. Deluxe was a grand more. If they keep them at or near this price; home run.

Center Stand and back rest will be ordered. Found and book marked an aftermarket windscreen from this forum that should work well, smoked 10" forget the name.

Other than those three things plan on leaving it alone. I have a Jeep that does an excellent job of sucking up free cash.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome on board Payson. You live in a great place to ride I have been out there a few times the CTX will work great for you.:smiley-party0005:

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
A big WELCOME and congrats on a fantastic (s)deal @payson!
Yep, welcome the company too. Better put something distinctive on that bike cuz it will change color every time the light changes. Anything from black to gray to blue and everywhere in between. Just not red however. Will be in AZ in a few weeks. My mom lives in Green Valley and we visit every year. Someday I'll get to ride down there on the bike for the visit. When I do I might just have to come down hwy 260 from Show Low and then on south on hwy 87 :D

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Got the best Color too!!! Man had I waited a year I would have saved a bunch!!!

Reactions: payson

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Yeah... But just think of all the fun you would've missed by waiting a year. No regrets here for buying mine back in June.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Wait. Wait wait wait. You got a CTX1300 for $9500?? Holy wowzers! Dude, that is an AWESOME price. You would love this bike no matter how much it cost, for sure, but that leaves a lot of room for accessories! Heck, you could "accessorize" it with a new garage and still pay less than what it's worth! Good luck and godspeed, payson! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wait. Wait wait wait. You got a CTX1300 for $9500?? Holy wowzers! Dude, that is an AWESOME price. You would love this bike no matter how much it cost, for sure, but that leaves a lot of room for accessories! Heck, you could "accessorize" it with a new garage and still pay less than what it's worth! Good luck and godspeed, payson! :)

Close. The OTD price for the standard worked out to be about 11,5. Government gets theirs in tax and registration and the standard doc fees, etc. The only real "add" to the price was prep of $199.00.

Now, most the time I cringe at that. These guys took me out back, showed me how they came (in a box) and walked me through what they do. More than fair for $199.00 prep. (He said they had some room on that prep price - but if they are being fair from the get go, I expect them to make some here and there, just as I do in my business.) They even pulled up the Honda dealer site that showed "gross profit margins" etc. A very refreshing buying experience.

I ended up with a Deluxe OTD at 12,5. Kind of the upper limit for my budget on this purchase, but I would have spent that trying to get a lesser bike to what I wanted and still have been disappointed. I have a long and expensive history of trying to make square pegs fit round holes - DOH!

The other bike that was seriously considered was the Verrado / Dueaville. Five years old and the low mileage / ABS ones seem to have held their value very well. (About 8k average) Couple of thousand more and I get 500 more ccs and a few extra touches.

If Honda can hold this price point or at least keep it in line with a Star 1300, I would suspect that they will sell a bunch of these. Specially if folks price a Star with options. For me one of the deciding factors was mid control vs. forward control. I can't imagine I am alone in that regard? Dealer said it was not really on his radar until February 2nd, when they changed the pricing structure.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Nice bike! Now just try to wipe that grin off your faces when you get home :D
Is that a wind deflector for your wife on top your head? :)

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Hey payson, you have a great place to ride. An uncle was the mayor of Camp Verde. Spent some time out there a couple years ago in March/April rolling a GW around. I'd imagine the summer months are a little warm. It's been too cold up here to do much more than read the forum, wrench on old bikes and wait.
But, we have three days of 50s promised for midweek.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Done deal. Thanks for the welcome.

Folks always like pictures and always good to put a name to the faces. Wife and I.
They both make you look better :smile:
Looks like you may be doing a bit of 2 up. 2 up is only once a year for only a few hours for me. Good thing is she encourages me to ride more!!!!
Congrats @payson

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice bike! Now just try to wipe that grin off your faces when you get home :D
Is that a wind deflector for your wife on top your head? :)
My "peak" (Sunglasses really) just doing what I can to keep her looking good.

Hey payson, you have a great place to ride. An uncle was the mayor of Camp Verde. Spent some time out there a couple years ago in March/April rolling a GW around. I'd imagine the summer months are a little warm. It's been too cold up here to do much more than read the forum, wrench on old bikes and wait.
But, we have three days of 50s promised for midweek.

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks.

We are at 5,000' Arizona temp is an elevation deal. Higher in the summer, lower in the winter and should be able to go year round.

They both make you look better :smile:
Looks like you may be doing a bit of 2 up. 2 up is only once a year for only a few hours for me. Good thing is she encourages me to ride more!!!!
Congrats @payson
Two up is a big part of the plan. Part of the reason I think this will fit us well. She has been my copilot in all sorts of things and all sort of adventures.

I enjoy her and am lucky to have her in my world.

Here is a quick video of her "navigation skills" with in car audio:

"Zigged when we should have zagged" (Caution - NSFW - I cuss about midway through)

http://youtu.be/36V-bOwoJ9c

Totally off topic, but what the heck, here is another of that ride with a bit more stylized video:

http://youtu.be/Bai6Bi_5rn4

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I spy with my little eye two fun toys tucked away safely in the garage. Obviously one is "Snook's" - AKA my better half. (She snookered me in to that Jeep purchase-hence the plate)

Now we have weekend options.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Greetings all, thanks for having me.

Looks like I am a soon to be new owner of a CTX. Will make final decision tomorrow. But, put down deposit, etc and barring anything well, weird, pretty well a done deal.

From my research this bike was designed / marketed to me. So not wanting a Harley or cruiser bike. Performance bikes are from glory days of old. This bike should be a great fit for its intended purpose.

Live in Payson Arizona which is 90 miles from Flagstaff, Sedona, Scottsdale and Show Low. Beautiful country with elevation changes of 1,000' in Scottsdale to 7,000' in Flagstaff.

Opted for the Deluxe in blue. Folks at Western Honda in Scottsdale were no nonsense, easy transaction guys. Really a nice buying experience. Got a whole lot more bike than I figured I would.

Looking forward to learning more about the bike, riding, etc.

Anyways, thanks again for having me.
im travelling that way this summer

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Incredible price on the bike. Hurts a lot of us who paid more, but always happy when someone gets a smokin deal

Eric

1 - 20 of 21 Posts