CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi I bought mine with 4300k on it now 11k or so ..never disappointed rides and handles great just put it away tonight
I must confess I couldn't stand those saddle bags I replaced them otherwise its a great bike
I got mine with 4100, only have 4351. Gonnaplan a early ride tomorrow.
Gonna test out my new Tourmaster mesh coat.

gonna be 102 tomorrow afternoon.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
102°? Makes me think of my 1st trip across the desert. Met a rider from England wearing a leather jacket. Myself and another rider asked why he didn't take it off, it was Hot that day. He said he never rides without protection. So he wraps a towel around his neck and keeps it inside the jacket. Soaks it with water and it works like air conditioning.
What is it they say about mad dogs and Englishmen?

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,996 Posts
I'm with that Englishman. I've ridden in 105 F heat with over 85% humidity here in central Iowa. Even the sweat that my clothes soaked up while walking out to my bike from work acted like air conditioning once I was moving. I almost had chills at first.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I'm with that Englishman. I've ridden in 105 F heat with over 85% humidity here in central Iowa. Even the sweat that my clothes soaked up while walking out to my bike from work acted like air conditioning once I was moving. I almost had chills at first.
I was working in an apartment attic on the beach in summer. It was so hot up there, instant sweat. I came out soaking wet and sat under the building in the garage area. The breeze from the ocean made it feel freezing.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,996 Posts
Moisture evaporation is an amazing air conditioner. That's what a swamp cooler is. The most natural air conditioner around. Many businesses, especially across the south, use swamp coolers. Many homes in certain areas of the country also.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Moisture evaporation is an amazing air conditioner. That's what a swamp cooler is. The most natural air conditioner around. Many businesses, especially across the south, use swamp coolers. Many homes in certain areas of the country also.
Yep. Scotty's castle in death valley originally used evaporative cooling. Maybe I'll see that place some day. It's used in poultry houses too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
When I ride above 90F I always wear a cooling vest and a mesh jacket. Just let it set in water for an hour before and it works for a couple hours. I keep a large zip lock to wet it again. Just takes a few minutes after it's damp. It's surprising the difference it makes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I left early this morning at 630am, it was about 70 degrees. It was perfect. It hit a high of 106 at 3pm. I did not cruise at that time.

The other day I cruised at 102 degrees, and i was sweating profusely in my helmet. Imma have to try y’all’s natural ac ideas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts