CTX 1300 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,727 Posts
Bob,

Could you elaborate or even somehow post a picture of how you use your forearm, please?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Hard to see in a photo. Just think of keeping your wrist relatively straight with your forearm and turn the throttle with your entire forearm from the elbow to your hand. You will very slightly twist at the wrist but not anything close to if you keep your arm steady and just turn at the wrist. Much less effort and better control.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I realize this is a very old thread but I solved this issue on my bike by simply adjusting the throttle free play adjustment. Smoothed out the throttle On/Off bucking you can get in 2nd-4th gears. It also cured an occasional unintended acceleration when doing a slow speed right turn.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I realize this is a very old thread but I solved this issue on my bike by simply adjusting the throttle free play adjustment. Smoothed out the throttle On/Off bucking you can get in 2nd-4th gears. It also cured an occasional unintended acceleration when doing a slow speed right turn.
Doing some reading in anticipation of new to me purchase. Could you elaborate on what you found for original state and what was cure? IE did you have too little or too much to begin with.
Do you happen to know about how much you found the sweet spot to be? IE you have about 1/2 inch of free play now. Thanks

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I installed a G2 Throttle Tamer, which helped me. I also put Kury ISO grips on with the Kury throttle boss. When I had a service done ay my local dealer they tightened up the throttle/removed some slop. First time I used the throttle after I nearly dropped my bike. It is a little twitchy, but you'll get used to it.
Favorite bike I've ever owned!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I installed a G2 Throttle Tamer, which helped me. I also put Kury ISO grips on with the Kury throttle boss. When I had a service done ay my local dealer they tightened up the throttle/removed some slop. First time I used the throttle after I nearly dropped my bike. It is a little twitchy, but you'll get used to it.
Favorite bike I've ever owned!
So your saying they tightened and made it more twitchy? That would be my first thought if it had virtually no free play it could be a little quick to throttle up, especially in a tight grip downhill twisty road.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Well, let's say the "twitch" was experienced faster or sooner than I was accustomed to. Same twitch, just earlier in the throttle travel, if that makes sense.

·
Super Moderator
5,727 Posts
That twitchy-ness has always been a characteristic of this engine-transmission set up since it was introduced on the ST1300 in 2002. There is still possibly some discussion to be found in the archives on the ST-Owners.com forum on it. Some do as George did with adding a throttle tamer and others adapt and get used to it. I found adding a Cramp Buster lever almost eliminated it for me since that allowed me to use my entire forearm to very finely control the throttle much much better than with only my wrist. And for me the CB also relieved a lot of strain on my right wrist as well enabling me to ride for the entire day without fatigue so I've had one on every bike owned since around 2005.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks Bob I have used the CB before on my Connie, from the pics I think the bike I am going to look at has the Kury iso grips so may add there version.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts