CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Throttlemeister cruise control/throttle lock on the CTX with heated grips.
Thanks Melv

·
Registered
168 Posts
No, no trottlemeister.

I have made a poor mans trottle control with two nylon and one rubber washer.
Ok, it's not a full cruise control. the speed slowly reduces but you can relax your right hand a little bit.
The pictures are from a st1300 and the washers are plumbing materials. costs nill.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
As there's no CTX1300 noted on the Throttlemeister page I contacted the local distributor last night and got a response at 8:30pm. :). The Throttlemeister we need to order is the one for the CBR1000XX with heated grips. I'm ordering a heavy milled silver on black set.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I see they now have the CTX listed on the right side of the home page under
"New Applications"

They look good but with the exchange on the dollar they'd cost me well
over $200.:(

·
Registered
9 Posts
"New Applications"

They're worth every penny :) And yes, as someone mentioned there is a CTX1300 version.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's also interesting some of the other bikes they have listed. Doesn't the BMW S1000RR have electronic cruise control? They do here....

·
Registered
45 Posts
"New Applications"

Here they are $200 AUD for the base set. Plus $20 for milled and $20 for heavy. So, around $250 delivered. I still think they could be worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could you elaborate on the model you got? There seems to be a few types.

Also, anyone used the Kaoko one yet?

Kevin
Hi there, I decided on the heavy black with black milled groves (my thoughts were the groves may help grip to set, but it is so easy to set I'm sure the smooth would be fine & save $20.00!). Yours look great, I had a bit of a problem with the throttle not closing properly in the off position, so I trimmed a little on the hand grip & didn't get a very good finish so put that piece of black rubber around it, not too professional but love the throttlemiester, makes more sense to me than the breakaway (I think it looks far better too!).

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
anyone used the Kaoko one yet? (hnd325)

Reactions: columbo

·
Registered
151 Posts
...following! Interested in Kaoko too. From what I understand, going with a lighter-than-stock bar end weight is better from "the sting" standpoint. How does this compare to Kuryakyn CC?

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I got a copy of the installation instructions for the KAOKO. It requires the removal of the inner bar weight on the right side. This does not sound like a good idea. Do the other bar-end type cc require this?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I bought the kaoko
Yes you must remove the inner bar weight. It is a bit of a hassle with two screwdrivers.
the weight of the kaoko compensates the removal.
I have to learn a little bit how to use it, but it seems to work well.
photo follows

1 - 19 of 19 Posts