CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good recommendation on a tire gauge that FITS the valve stem on our bikes?

I had an accu-gauge with a small hose on it and while it was certified accurate, it was consistently off 2-5lbs. If you hit it, and then tried to take a reading again, it would show up 5-10lbs different. So in the trash it went.

The ones I use for the car (digital) have a stem on them and obviously won't fit our cast rims with OEM valve stems.

For the rig, I have a dual-chuck Snap-On tire gauge thats calibrated very tightly and its great but no way EVER it could be used on a motorcycle like ours!

:350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
I just use a cheap pen type gauge. You know... the old style with the center scale that extends out the end to show psi. Found one that seems very consistent every time and accurate to within 1 psi compared to any other gauge I've used, including digital. Got it for the scale to show 30-50 psi in the middle of the scale. Had a different gauge that I let go with the camper when I sold it that had a scale for higher and showed 50-80 psi in the middle of the scale since those tires were kept at 70 psi. I watch tire wear closely to cross check proper pressure over time.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Forgot to mention I have some 83 deg. racing valve stems to replace the stock stems at the next tire change. That will make it much easier to check psi with any tire gauge as well as fill the tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts