CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all the road warriors...

Did you use any of the tire sealants before long trips?

I will be putting on new rubber for a trip this fall and I was debating whether I should install the Ride-on sealant and tire balancer when I install the new front tire.

Pro's - Self balancing and healing of small punctures.
Con's - a mess if it is more than a small puncture?

I know of this brand, any others I should research?

·
Super Moderator
5,408 Posts
Don't use anything. I do carry a Slime mini compressor and tire plug kit all the time. I also throw in a set of MC specific jumper cables when I travel LD. Otherwise I just regularly monitor my tires and get to know their condition on going.

Can't say anything pro/con for using something like this.

·
Registered
522 Posts
no additive in the tire(s). as @bob mentioned above.. carry a small compressor and a tire plug kit and you should be able to get home for more substantial repairs. Also knowing people who have trailers BEFORE you need to ask them to bring a trailer is always good practice :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered the Ride-on product yesterday and today I get an email that is is out of stock and back ordered.

So today I ordered this one.

This will be close to a cross country trip so friends with trailers is not applicable and I have my own trailer and tow vehicles anyway.

I understand portable air pumps and will likely have one anyway but this is PREVENTATIVE and not reactive.

The goal here is to have as close to an ideal tire balance as possible and if I pick up a small nail / screw it be a non-event.

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I love Ride-On, have been using it for years ever since I got a screw in a brand new tire. The ride on sealed the hole and I put 15k miles on the tire. I carry a compressor and plug kit just in case but would highly recommend Ride On. Not much of a mess when you change tires either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
To all the road warriors...

Did you use any of the tire sealants before long trips?

I will be putting on new rubber for a trip this fall and I was debating whether I should install the Ride-on sealant and tire balancer when I install the new front tire.

Pro's - Self balancing and healing of small punctures.
Con's - a mess if it is more than a small puncture?

I know of this brand, any others I should research?

I've been using Ride-On Sealant in my last 3 sets of tires...started because of a nail hole in an almost brand new rear tire, figured it was worth a try. I definitely notice that the tires wear evenly and I put 12k miles on the tire with the nail hole with no problems. Would recommend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts