CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A search of the forums and I haven't found an answer to this question
The dealership says they need the colorcode. I can't find this.
Are there any alternatives to the pin style,Something more like a nail polish style?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've been meaning to look into this too, but for the blue color. What do you mean by "pin" style?

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Red Touch-up Paint

I had my dealer order me a touch-up bottle for my CTX not long after I bought it, so I would have some on hand if I needed it. I would think that all colors should be available by now. The color code is under the seat on the cross bar of the frame...well that's where mine is and yours should be in the same spot I would think. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
This the ugly with candy paint jobs. Tough to get it right. Not even colorrite. And if they get close you need 3 touchups. The under coat , the candy and a clear.
I ran into this trifle with my Guzzi which is almost the same candy red.
i went to Sephora. Yeah, Sephora. I snapped a shot of the color with my phone and just played till I got it right. It was a metallic aluminum grey ( forgot the color #) , found a " clear marachino red" and a clear nail polish. You can can barely tell there's a chip unless you stare at the flakes.
I didn't go this way because it was cheap but because it works. And practical. And when you get off the phone with colorrite like I did it'll be far less frustrating..

Reactions: Tomasz

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Dealer gave me this website once. You go here, enter your model of your bike and it gives you exactly the paint that you need.

ColorRite Motorcycle Paint
Looking at those options, do you prefer the jar of paint or the aerosol?
I myself haven't order any from them, got their info in case I needed it. However, as someone who rebuilds pianos and repaints the gold plates in the process...spray whenever you can, you'll get a much better look and you can blend it in nicely with short quick passes. Assuming it's a nitro lacquer you can then buff to the sheen you wish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts