CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had the system for awhile but didn't really trust the 6 year old valve stems enough to use it. I put it on my Bolt since it has metal stems. It. works well and the cap batteries lasted about a year. I notice a 5 degree temp discrepancy between the 2 caps but the pressure on both reads the same when switched from wheel to wheel. Now that it's tire time for the CTX I'm moving it back to this bike.
I added a FOBO T valve when I installed the new rear tire, still waiting for the front tire, it will get a T valve as well.
Anyway I used a Kuryakyn P clamp a 45xmm6mmx1.0 bolt, couple of flanged nuts and a piece of fuel hose to mount it to the bars just above my GPS. All I had on hand was a cad plated hex bolt and nuts , they'll be swapped out for stainless steel hardware next time I'm at the hardware store.
I wanted it centered on the bars but without modifying the factory bar clamp or fabricating a bracket it won't fit there. The important thing is it doesn't block anything on the dash.
I don't see the exact system I'm using on Amazon now but this appears to be the same item.

20200907_151606.jpg 20200908_130844.jpg 20200908_130859.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put a BLU internal TPMS system on my bike. After having to work out some software issues with the manufacturer I'm pleased with the system.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts