CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All. I am a newbie to the forum considering buying a new CTX from a dealer. The model number is a CTX1300DL. He claims it has the traction control, but I thought it had to have an "A" in the model number.
Also is the traction control worth holding out for?

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Greetings All. I am a newbie to the forum considering buying a new CTX from a dealer. The model number is a CTX1300DL. He claims it has the traction control, but I thought it had to have an "A" in the model number.
Also is the traction control worth holding out for?
Thanks
The DL must be the Deluxe, which has ABS, traction control, tire pressure monitors, speakers. For me, ABS was very important, and I'm glad to have the traction control as well.

No idea what the "A" model is.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The DL must be the Deluxe, which has ABS, traction control, tire pressure monitors, speakers. For me, ABS was very important, and I'm glad to have the traction control as well.

No idea what the "A" model is.
Not too sure about the tyre pressure monitors,mine is the the Deluxe but no sensors.
But then we are this side of the water.:confused:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
In USA all the Deluxe have ABS/TCS , the Deluxe model has black rims (and other parts), the standard has silver rims.
Other countries have different configurations.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yes, all deluxe models here in the US have TC,ABS, Bluetooth system,self cancelling turn signals. You can get heated grips, centerstand, rear box or back rest and taller windshield as options. Mine has all of the above. Red ones are faster....hehehe

Reactions: PGRChaplain

·
Registered
432 Posts
So all Deluxe models have traction control?
Affirmative.

The official Honda model designation for the Deluxe is CTX 1300A or 1300AE.

Many dealers, owners, insurance companies and registrars routinely identify the model as 1300D or 1300 Deluxe. So through common usage it's commonly referred to as a 1300D.

But the truth:

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Don't forget self cancelling turn signals as well...

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
No, you can forget them. That's the point. :tongue:

[Now if I can just find my key.]

·
Registered
822 Posts
It will Not do a Wheelie with the Traction Control on!

·
Registered
134 Posts
It will Not do a Wheelie with the Traction Control on!
I read this about another bike, and it's not clear to me why this is so. Traction Control is all about preventing the drive (rear) wheel from slipping. If the rear wheel is slipping, probably wouldn't be able to get the front in the air anyway.

So how does turning traction control on eliminate wheelies? If anything, I'd think it the other way around.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,067 Posts
TC works by comparing the rotation of the front and rear wheels using the ABS sensors. If attempting a wheelie the front is definitely not turning at the right ratio compared to the rear and power is cut to the rear... preventing the wheelie from "getting off the ground." I stated "the right ratio" since the front and rear are different diameters so they will rotate at different speeds, but it is programmed into the computer what that difference should be.

·
Registered
822 Posts
The TC stutters the Iginition, same as thr Rev Limiter. I've had it happen twice, both under hard acceleration. Once on a chip & seal road, second time I hit a dip and second gear at the same time. The dip must have unloaded the rear tire. This Bike makes me want to Ride like I'm 17 years old again!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts