CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
797 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike!

Does your driveway look something like this now?
A Nice Pair - TennesseeSmith

I hope your Trophy gives you many years of reliable service. Mine was the most comfortable bike I ever owned. It was also the quickest bike I ever owned. The wind protection on that bike was awesome. I rode that bike all the way down to temperatures below zero (Fahrenheit).

· Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike!

Does your driveway look something like this now?
A Nice Pair - TennesseeSmith

I hope your Trophy gives you many years of reliable service. Mine was the most comfortable bike I ever owned. It was also the quickest bike I ever owned. The wind protection on that bike was awesome. I rode that bike all the way down to temperatures below zero (Fahrenheit).
I got kinda excited about the Trophy until I read your less than glowing review. Hopefully they have the Gremlins worked out of the later models. If so I might still be interested. As of now I'm leaning toward CXT1300.

oldskool

· Registered
797 Posts
My Trophy was the best bike I ever owned for the first six weeks. Then it went totally to crap. Mine was a 2013 model. They've had plenty of opportunity to get things fixed since then, so I can't really give the latest Trophy a bad recommendation.

I had four major failures in about eight months. At the time I traded it for my second CTX1300, the Trophy needed a new computer and a head replacement. I hope they have the issues fixed because that was an incredible bike when it ran.

The Trophy is a very different ride when compared to the CTX. The Trophy has a lot of nice features like the cruise control and the electrically adjustable wind screen. The Trophy has better saddle bags than the cheap stuff Honda put on the CTX. But the Trophy bags lean forward enough that all your stuff wants to fall out when you open the lid. I prefer the seating position on the Trophy.

If my Trophy had been reliable I'd still be riding it happily today. As it is, I won't buy another Triumph product for at least a few decades. The bike left me stranded twice due to electrical issues. I had two more issues when the engine light came on and I had to get the bike all the way to Lexington for service. On top of that Triumph treated me like I was stupid. They treated me like some dumb hillbilly.

My experience with Honda has been much better. I think these two CTX1300s are the best bikes I've ever owned in terms of actual usefulness. They aren't as exciting as the Trophy or as cool as the Harley, but they do what I ask them to do when I ask them to do it. These CTX1300s are the best highway bikes I've ever owned. I can go all day in comfort. I don't get knocked around by trucks and crosswinds. The ergonomics of the bike fit my body well. And I can go from here to New Jersey without worrying that I'll be stranded.

If you are still interested in the Trophy you should look for more recent experiences than mine. It's hard to trust the forums because the Triumph die-hards make all kinds of excuses for less-than-stellar reliability. I have to believe most of the issues have been fixed or the bike would no longer be on the market. I'd be interested in KniteRider's review of his Trophy now that he's had it a while.

· Registered
404 Posts
Ok I now have over 3500 miles on my Trophy. including a weekend ride down to Crossville Tenn. for a retiree reunion of PGPD.
adjusted the seat up to high, put my air seat pad on it and road until I needed fuel. so only had to stop once enroute.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.