CTX 1300 Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I designed and fabricated a trailer hitch to pull a small cargo trailer. I just need to clean it up, paint it and wire up the lights.

Any of you electrical gurus have any advice about wiring a trailer connector? Can I just tap into the appropriate wires old school, or will that screw up something because all the lighting is LEDs? What about if I convert the trailer to all LEDs (I am probably going to do that anyway).
That is great work. I would like to put one on my bike. How much would it cost to make one for my bike, or I can see about a local custom guy here in Arkansas making one for me. I was told about this from Chris Hamilton which is a fellow YouTube Subscriber of my channel of Renegadebiker24.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just got some great information about a hitch. I was talking to a guy that builds camper trailers for motorcycles and I had inquired about a hitch and he gave me the following information. This is quoted from an email he sent me:

"If any of your [forum] members happen to be anywhere Enumclaw, WA (DMC Sidecars) or western Iowa/eastern Nebraska (MC Hitch), there are a couple of hitch makers in those areas who would make a hitch for the first person for free, which of course gives them the pattern to make others to sell.
--
Dale Coyner
[email protected]
www.openroadoutfitters.com"

Anyone up for it?
Cool Dale Conyer is on here. :) I am wanting to get your Time Out Deluxe Camper trailer, and I had talked to a local trailer hitch fabricator here, but I have yet to get it done. I would like to see the same hitch made for my bike to haul your trailer. :)

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,113 Posts
That is great work. I would like to put one on my bike. How much would it cost to make one for my bike, or I can see about a local custom guy here in Arkansas making one for me. I was told about this from Chris Hamilton which is a fellow YouTube Subscriber of my channel of Renegadebiker24.
Chris Hansen..... not Hamilton. All is good!! Bwahahaha! :smiley-party0005:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I designed and fabricated a trailer hitch to pull a small cargo trailer. I just need to clean it up, paint it and wire up the lights.

Any of you electrical gurus have any advice about wiring a trailer connector? Can I just tap into the appropriate wires old school, or will that screw up something because all the lighting is LEDs? What about if I convert the trailer to all LEDs (I am probably going to do that anyway).

Hi
I have the same bike and looking to by a hitch
Do you sell them?
Where can I find it or who sells it ?
Thank you
Gregory

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,772 Posts
Hi
I have the same bike and looking to by a hitch
Do you sell them?
Where can I find it or who sells it ?
Thank you
Gregory
The hitch discussed in this thread is one you'll have to find someone (or yourself) to make from the plans that are available. Kook provided me with the plans that I can send to you or you can get them from him if he still has them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The hitch discussed in this thread is one you'll have to find someone (or yourself) to make from the plans that are available. Kook provided me with the plans that I can send to you or you can get them from him if he still has them.
Yes please I’ll really appreciate if you send me the plans
Thanks in Advance 🙏

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,772 Posts
41 - 49 of 49 Posts