CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the same problem as others - can’t find a trunk mounting bracket. Does anyone have a template? Or a bracket I could use as a model to built one & then return to you? Anyone that could make one for me? I hate to drill holes in the trunk. I think I have read all the suggestions with building one out of a cutting board which I could try but a model would help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Have you or can you build a plate that works like the stock bracket - where the stock trunk latch system works? That is what I am searching for. Your bike & products look great.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX1300 Basic Model
50 Posts
Thanks. Have you or can you build a plate that works like the stock bracket - where the stock trunk latch system works? That is what I am searching for. Your bike & products look great.
@RedDog - Just for clarification purposes. Please see the attachment and let me know the color box. (Carrier Bracket in Red) vs (Rear Carrier Base in Blue).
Cheers!
White Line Font Parallel Diagram

·
Registered
11 Posts
We are on the same page. Aren’t both pieces part # 08L73-MJN-D00 & necessary to mount the trunk?
Yes, Both pieces are required if you want to mount the factory trunk. My CTX originally had the factory mounts and trunk. I didn't really care for the factory trunk as I felt it was rather "flimsy". After an exhaustive search, I managed to track down a Givi base specifically for the CTX in Germany. Only to find out that the company did not do international shipping. Fortunately I have a cousin that happened to live in the same town where this company was. He picked it up for me and shipped it to the US.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts