1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
USB thumbdrive?

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I just sync up to my iphone or to my ipod touch via bluetooth. Usually use my ipod cause it fits in the right compartment better than my iphone and plus I have more music on my ipod. :)

Does anyone have ideas on a good source for tunes for our CTX 1300 system ?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Use Windows Media Player and rip your music CD's on to a single thumb drive. Plug it into the USB connector and ride with music.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hoosierman

Tried to hook up my ipod but could not get to work .Don't know what I'm doing wrong , I'll try the Honda shop and see if they can help .

Meerkat

·
Registered
446 Posts
Use Windows Media Player and rip your music CD's on to a single thumb drive. Plug it into the USB connector and ride with music.
And if you do so, remember to ask WMP not to set the DRM bit in your resulting .WMA files, otherwise mostly nobody else but that particular machine (i.e. your computer) will be able to play them. Rumor has it that the latest WMP can rip to .MP3 and in that case you're safe.

Tried to hook up my ipod but could not get to work .Don't know what I'm doing wrong , I'll try the Honda shop and see if they can help .

Meerkat
You need to put your iPod in mass storage mode for the CTX1300 to see it: Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

Reactions: Croxy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I found out what the problem is . My equipment (ipod ,and cell phone ) are like it's owner . Old , out of date , worn out , and can't perform . So went out and bought a flash drive , down loaded my music and now I have tunes . I would like to thank everybody for their help .

Meerkat

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Woodman, I have a IPhone 5s, and can't get the phone to pair with the CTX1300 Audio system. Any trick to getting it connected. I have the phone paired to my Dodge Ram, but it doesn't find the bike. Let me know if you have any suggestions or recommendations .
Thank you,
Mark

·
Registered
283 Posts
with your cell phone on and bluetooth turned on, press simulaneously the mode and volume up buttons. THe bike will beep as it searches. When it finds the phone it will give a single beep. Once it pairs you shouldn't have any future problems. good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I tried that and get the series of beeps while it searches for my iphone. All my phone does is show that its searching, but it never finds the Honda Motorcycle Audio. I tried turning the phone off completely and restarting it. I've turned off Bluetooth and restarted it and after the series of beeps, I get 3 short beeps that according to the Owner's Manual means an audio device can't be registered. I'm lost at this point. I even tried plugging my iphone into the USB connection and played the music on my iphone. The music plays on my phone, but doesn't play through the Honda speakers.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Do the procedure above but try to start the process in different audio modes. Work your way systematically through them all until you hit the right one.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Make sure you're hitting the volume button in the correct direction. I had to re-pair my phone yesterday (upgraded during the winter) and thought I was having the same problem. It ends up I was hitting the volume down button, which is what you want if you're pairing the bike with an output (helmet speakers), not a source. The volume up button is for pairing with a source. The audio system behaves the same way otherwise (beeping and flashing to indicate it's looking for something to talk to).

Jeff

·
Registered
18 Posts
I deleted an re-paired my iphone with the bluetooth in my truck. That worked ok, so I'm sure its not the phone. Next step is to drop some music on a USB Thumb drive and see if that plays. If not, then I'm more convinced that the Audio on the bike isn't functioning.

Thanks for all of the advice, greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jeff,
That's interesting. I've been reading the manual and there are two different instructions.
1. Pairing a Bluetooth Audio Device
Press the Mode Button and the Volume Down Button
2. Pairing a Bluetooth Sound Device
Press the Mode Button and the Volume Up Button.

I called Honda support and they told me my iPhone is an Audio Device and Helmet Speakers are considered a Sound Device, which is just the opposite of what's in your note. It would have been helpful if they include some examples of an Audio Device versus a Sound Device. I even searched the web for it, looks like this is something Honda developed.

I was pressing the volume up button last night and plan to try the volume down tonight

·
Registered
413 Posts
Huh. I tried both and thought I did what I said above, but now I'm not convinced I didn't state it backwards. Hope I didn't add new confusion.

Either way their description in the owner's manual blows: what is the difference between an "audio device" and a "sound device"??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Success, for pairing an iPhone 5s it's the mode button and the volume down button. Works like a champ, music, Slacker radio.... And the music I downloaded to the thumb drive worked as well. I'm guessing the iPod Nano is the wrong format. Thanks everyone for you suggestions. It's great to have so many active members.

·
Registered
446 Posts
(...)And the music I downloaded to the thumb drive worked as well. I'm guessing the iPod Nano is the wrong format.(...)
Have said this many times over: the CTX1300 expects whatever is plugged into the USB port to (1) act like a mass storage device and (2) be formatted as FAT32.

None of the current Apple iPod models present themselves as a mass storage device when connected to USB (though some of them can be switched to that mode after they boot and, IIRC, the very early models could be configured via iTunes to always do that automatically).

If you pass that hurdle, the iPod's drive (be that an actual HDD like in the big ones or flash like in the Nano) must still be formatted as FAT32 for the CTX1300 to read the music files off it. The vast majority of people using an Apple computer with their iPods have them formatted as HFS+ so this is another blocker.

Finally, the CTX1300's music player only understands some music formats. While that list is very generous (compared to the rest of the market), it does not include known-broken things such as .WMA or .AAC that were recorded with DRM.

Reactions: bob
1 - 20 of 21 Posts