CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First impressions of two techs in Florida just after setting up the bike.

They like most of it.:)

·
Super Moderator
5,466 Posts
Brief, but good to see. The second tech seems he prefers Harley our Harley wannabe style bags in his comment about the CTX1300 bags not opening on top. I much prefer the side opening, or clamshell style bags. Same as was on my GW and on my ST1100.

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
^^^ Definitely agree here, Bob. I've heard too many stories of top-opening bags flipping up and off on the highway. Never seen or heard of that happening with a vertical clamshell.

These comments from reviewers kinda remind me of that stereotype biker perception -- you either got a Harley, or one of them damm Ninja bikes. :D Seems to be all these guys are familiar with!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree bob. Clamshell style bags allow you to kind of separate your cargo into halves. The bags that open from the top remind me of trashcans or lunch boxes. To each his own.

·
Registered
333 Posts
My 83 Venture had bags that opened just like the ones used on the CTX1300.And they WERE a real PIA cause when ever I opened em,everything would fall out.But once I figured out how to pack em so the contents would NOT fall out when opened,they were fine.So the secret was in the way I packed em.Hence the same would apply to the bags used on the CTX. Dave!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I live about an hour away from this dealership and after seeing this video I plan on visiting there Saturday to see if I can try one out. I keep you posted

John

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
I live about an hour away from this dealership and after seeing this video I plan on visiting there Saturday to see if I can try one out. I keep you posted

John
They're slowly landing a dealerships now -- good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Check this out. I go to the Honda dealer here in Fayetteville, NC. The salesman I talked with previously said, nothing in yet, wait let me ask the boss. He comes back and says to me, the boss isn't going to order any.... I ask why, he replied, he don't think it will sale. WOW, hurt my spirit. I asked why again, he said, I don't know. I'm now looking for another dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts