CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,087 Posts
Haven't tried the Elite 4, but the OEM Dunlop tires are crap at either end. I put Bridgestones on for a much better experience. Actually my fav tires for the bike are Avon. The OEM Dunlop tires did last a lot of miles but the Avon tires were looking to last just as long and gave really great grip on all pavement wet or dry. BTW- What I've said here is related only to my CTX1300 and not any other bike.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I'm not a fan of Dunlop. I recently put an Avon Spirit ST on the rear and love it. I've been using the Excedra Max for the front, and have been satisfied with it. But but after the Avon on the rear, I should have put an Avon on the front.
Avon makes a size for the front. It's just not the Spirit ST model.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Been using Metzlers ME888 front and rear for three years now. Get 13-14k miles on them. Grip good.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your comments, just that when I got the bike earlier this year dunlop elite 4 are on it. Rear was replaced not long before I bought it, but front is now almost at legal limit and needs replacing. Had no issues with it all summer. Just wondered if there was a better tyre for it. Looks like not recommended dunlops. 😕

1 - 10 of 10 Posts