CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now how do I get this hook out of my mouth?? Dang, the CTX1300 is a nice ride. Easy handling, smooth motor, plenty of acceleration, comfortable ergos. I told the dealer I would be back this winter or in the spring to get mine. Guess I'd better find a buyer for my VTX1800. That's gonna be a bittersweet sale because I put my heart into that big beasty cruiser, but it's just about time to try something new.

I knew that test ride would be dangerous! :)

Brian

·
Registered
128 Posts
I did the same thing, and a week later I went back and left my Tiger 800 with them and rode the CTX1300 home.

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
One of the ST riders at the campout this weekend refused to sit on my CTX for just that reason. He knew if he liked how if felt he'd be in trouble. He just bought a GW last year and figured his wife would not go for the change up so soon.

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
Brian, make sure you really want to replace your X. My VTX1800 C was about the same to me, having spent about three years getting it set up just right; but I got a little bored and replaced it long before I should have. For the last three years -- right up until I saw the CTX1300 -- I regretted unloading my X. I had mine for 5 years, the longest I've owned any bike, and I would have kept it for 8 if I had any idea the CTX1300 was coming.

That being said, without question I would not have looked back if I had traded my X for this bike. This one is begging me to be ridden more than any other, even the big VTX. Not trying to dissuade you -- just wants to help not make a wrong choice. But sometimes it's just time to get something new. How long have you had this ride?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sleepngbear, I've had my VTX1800 since I bought it new in 2004. It really is a big gorgeous comfortable bike with great mile-eating capabilities. I did put tons of hours into it to make it what it is and have received lots of compliments on it. But my first love is V-4 motors and prefer bikes that are under the 800-pound mark. That's why I have the Magna as my second bike. Prior to getting the VTX, I was seriously looking at the ST1300. Took a test ride on the ST and found I didn't like the riding position. I just don't want any weight on my wrists. I always dreamed that Honda would make a bigger Magna and drop the VFR1200's engine in it and keep the upright cruiser riding position. The CTX is pretty much that very bike but in a more modern-looking form. I would want to bling up the looks a little bit of course, but that's just cosmetic changes. If I pull the trigger later this year it will be sad to see the big beautiful VTX go (and the Magna, too), but it just felt like a homecoming when I rode the CTX.

I much appreciate your input and welcome any comments or info. Keep it coming!

Brian

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
Well then, it sounds to me like you've found your next ride. :) But wow .... reading you is like reading myself. Except my ST1300 'test ride' lasted for a year, which is how long I gave it to decide once and for all that I didn't like the riding position. :eek: And I do also love Honda's V-4's, and I've had the same dreams about them. I had the VTX1800 and traded it for a Magna (stupid - I have no idea what I was thinking, except that I really wanted something that wasn't another big V-twin). Only difference is I grabbed a Thunderbird to fill the big-bike void left by the VTX, but that didn't float my boat, either. Between one year with the Maggie and two with the Bird, I put on a total of about 3,500 miles on two wheels, and I was really afraid that I'd just lost my love of riding.

The CTX1300 was my last hope. And all I can say is that it has surpassed all my expectations. Every one. And then some. Now I can't wait for any and every chance to ride it -- including the miserable commute to work.

If that didn't convince you to pull the trigger, I've got more where that came from. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts