CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen here somewhere that someone has fitted a utopia rider back rest to the CTX,with illustrations,can't find it at the moment can anyone tell me where it is.
Cheers melv

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all for the information it was a big help,I did fit one to my GL1800 but I didn't have to remove the seat cover and the foam.
Bit apprehensive about doing all that because the bike has is still under the manufacturers warranty.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks all for the information it was a big help,I did fit one to my GL1800 but I didn't have to remove the seat cover and the foam.
Bit apprehensive about doing all that because the bike has is still under the manufacturers warranty.
I installed one a couple of weeks ago. Take your time, follow the instructions. Not very hard. Big comfort improvement.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I installed one a couple of weeks ago. Take your time, follow the instructions. Not very hard. Big comfort improvement.
But will it affect my warranty on the bike.
We are going to Canada in September for a couple of weeks probably best to wait until then and purchase the backrest there.
There doesn't seem to be any here in the South West of England,in fact I haven't seen another CTX yet.
I had to contact a local dealer on Saturday last,when I said I have a CTX1300 his reply was what make is that!!!! and that was a Honda dealership.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The dealership I bought my CTX1300 at liked the utopia enough to ask if they could display it at their open house after I had it done...The backrest does not interfere with the seat latch or any thing else. Can not see where it would complicate a warranty

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not sure about applicable laws in the UK, but in the USA an entire vehicle's warranty cannot be rendered void because you modified one component. At worst the dealers here could refuse to honor a future warranty claim on the seat itself, but that's about it.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts