CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how I can tell by looking at the VIN number for the CTX1300 whether it is a Standard Or a Deluxe?

Thanks in advance for you input.

:350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know how I can tell by looking at the VIN number for the CTX1300 whether it is a Standard Or a Deluxe?

I think I figured it out. Look at the first 8 characters.
DELUXE EXAMPLE: JH2SC745.
STANDARD EXAMPLE: JH2SC741
J for JAPAN
H for HONDA
2 for ?
SC STANDS FOR THE MODEL i.e. CTX1300
745 DELUXE
741 STANDARD
Anyone have more clarification?

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
I just look for the blacked out panel and tire rims or the Audio controls or the slotted ABS rings on the wheels.
If you are at the bike you could look at the frame tube coming off the right side top of the steering head. That has the sticker on it and if Standard will show CTX1300 in big letters or if Deluxe will show CTX1300A.
If you only have a VIN then I don't know.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I' sorry for this responce but...

But
Why does one even care for this level of VIN detail and for what purpose? I see no usefullness! Again I apologize if rude , but I just don't get the reasoning for such a question.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But
Why does one even care for this level of VIN detail and for what purpose? I see no usefullness! Again I apologize if rude , but I just don't get the reasoning for such a question.
This issue started when I spoke with an agent at Progressive Insurance. The first VIN the dealer gave me was for a Standard CTX but I purchase a Deluxe CTX. The question by me related to the listing of the insurance coverage for a standard vs deluxe and whether the cost of coverage is the same for both. When I logged into my account with Progressive and changed the VIN to the correct one the system didn't flag the difference. That is why I asked the question.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
This issue started when I spoke with an agent at Progressive Insurance. The first VIN the dealer gave me was for a Standard CTX but I purchase a Deluxe CTX. The question by me related to the listing of the insurance coverage for a standard vs deluxe and whether the cost of coverage is the same for both. When I logged into my account with Progressive and changed the VIN to the correct one the system didn't flag the difference. That is why I asked the question.
Kind of off-topic, but insurance rates usually depend more on the type of bike and performance characteristics than feature packages. Although in some cases they may change due to ABS. But I think the companies still don't have enough information on this bike yet to know the difference between models (I think they're still basically guessing), which is why you didn't see a rate change when you changed the VIN. It might be worth a phone call to them and say hey, this bike has ABS and TCS, shouldn't that lower my rate?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes

I now see why the question and it makes sense. :rolleyes: I was confused since the appearances are so easy to say what version it is. :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

That said and moving on...
One would think that ABS and TCS would be considered as useful safety items and help reduce the premium. But then the ~ $1500 differantial in value might offset that, or at least some portion.:confused:

Again, I'm sorry if my inital coments came across as rude. After I sent them I wished I hadn't... or at least reworder them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey all,
So on a related topic, are the VINs for the CTX1300 numbered sequentially? I have collected old Mustangs for a long time, and have learned that it is difficult to find out how many of a specific model (i.e., Bosses, Machs, GTs) were made because, while they may have been ordered sequentially along the assembly line, there was no real rhyme or reason as to when your car rolled off the assembly line compared to any other model that rolled off that day (I hope that makes sense). For example, the last numbers on my CTX are 991. Does that potentially mean that my CTX was the 991st CTX built (of how many)? To illustrate my point, I have an old Mustang that ends with 194809, which means that it was the 194809th Mustang built that year, but it makes it very difficult to predict how it compares to any other in its specific model without knowing every number of every other car in that model. Please note that there are forums devoted to specific Mustangs, and after lots of effort by people with a lot energy piecing together lists, they have deduced the specific sequence of when cars rolled off assembly lines relative to others in that model. New to the Honda world, I was wondering if they numbered sequentially, and if so, do we know how many CTXs were built? And would that sequence extend to worldwide sales? Or to specific countries? If it indeed turns out to be a one-off model, this information could prove useful someday...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts