CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that my wife has dropped the bike at a stop sign and scratched the saddle bags. She was pretty upset and wants to get it fixed. I got to thinking maybe what she needs is a carbon fiber vinyl wrap on the painted portion. Then maybe adding to a few other parts to finish a symmetrical appearance. Has anyone done the wrap to a bike and how was the outcome?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Menosabe,

Sorry to hear of her misfortune.

I don't have any experience with vinyl wrap, but I am curious whether there was any damage from the forward peg brackets to the engine. Did the she experience any motor damage or damage to the forward peg bracket?

Thanks, Tony

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am getting ready to have mine wrapped if it does not sell. The mechanic who does the serious work on my vehicles has a genius for a son who has been doing this on the side while in school and now makes more than his dad at his full time job, He will doing my bike in a KNIGHTRIDER theme or Lone ranger

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a friend in Douglas, Ga who does the dipping process to put patterns on parts. It is pretty cool. I also have a friend in Jacksonville who vinyl wrapped an F6B in flat black. It looks great.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm happy to report that the forward peg took the road rash as the peg swung up. The bracket did not move. There was no damage to the plastics that are Honda's version of a engine guard. I guess the forward peg has become the new engine guard. Unfortunately, the only way I came up with to protect the saddlebag was not esthetically enough to build. I found three connection points for the saddle bag guard but I would rather ride looking good than worrying about scratched paint.

Reactions: f100driv

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Don't be too harsh about Honda's plastic engine guard cover. You've had that shroud off and know that bar behind the cover is fairly hefty. The engine guard on the ST1100 is the same sized bar, even though it is a loop bolted at both ends. I've had first hand experience what happens to that bar in a low side slide on pavement and have no worries about that bar on the CTX doing it's job. Even if it is a sacrificial part (like my riding gear armor).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Don't be too harsh about Honda's plastic engine guard cover. You've had that shroud off and know that bar behind the cover is fairly hefty. The engine guard on the ST1100 is the same sized bar, even though it is a loop bolted at both ends. I've had first hand experience what happens to that bar in a low side slide on pavement and have no worries about that bar on the CTX doing it's job. Even if it is a sacrificial part (like my riding gear armor).
It did its job in my wreck! had to bend the frame back forward a bit though, but it saved pretty much the whole side of the bike!

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm happy to report that the forward peg took the road rash as the peg swung up. The bracket did not move. There was no damage to the plastics that are Honda's version of a engine guard

I don't think I was being harsh about Honda's guard. I'm just stating that Honda parts weren't damaged.

Reactions: bob
1 - 9 of 9 Posts