CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a my dealer today. Young man there just had his new CTX1300 worked on (check up I think) We started talking.... he has been on our site looking. (Great !) I was showing him how the trunk is removed and reinstalled. Couldn't get it to latch. pulled the plugs out that hide the bolts.. The plastic washers were broke, The whole mount was able to move. The young man working on my tire replacement did a quick repair and off I was. got home and I thought it still felt loose. The front washers are broken too. $600. sliding down the highway??

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
The base is supposed to slide a little side to side on the plate. Designed that way. Or is it moving somewhat different? Of course broken washers are not good.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Sounds like they were installed to tight originally?

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
movement isn't side to side. it's up and down. My box would not lock down. picked up the whole bottom bracket, when I was trying to latch the box to the bracket. Like I always check the box by lightly lifting on the rear after attaching it to make sure it's on tight. And the rubber washers and the plastic washers are both tore or broken.

·
Registered
446 Posts
There's quite a lot of different-sized, different-shaped washers involved there and it's not obvious just by looking at the parts which one goes where. Maybe assembly instructions were not followed and the wrong washer ended up in the wrong spot?

Reactions: psullam
1 - 5 of 5 Posts