CTX 1300 Forum banner

We Need a Get Together in the Eastern WV, VA, MD, PA folks area.....

6K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  Gregory Tubbs 
#1 ·
For a Summer Weekend of 2019....

To ride thru these curving back roads on a weekend...…. so this winter I will work on area camp grounds, hotels etc....

We can look at day rides and back to the same spot, or stretch it into the middle of WV, say the Elkins area or wherever...……. I will be using Martinsburg, Inwood Area as a central starting point.

If anyone in this area has suggestions or desires.... and if any one abroad is interested start posting and we shall work on it...……..

TD

#2 ·
I was thinking the same thing. I was starting to plan around the Jelly Stone Park Campground in Williamsport, MD. https://jellystonemaryland.com/ It has cabins, tent camping and a small restaurant on site.

I have plotted out a ride to the PA 9/11 (Flight 93) memorial. The route goes through Berkeley Springs, WV to Paw Paw, WV via route 9 to Cumberland, MD via route 51 to Shanksville, PA. There is a good place for lunch called The Alley on US 30
(7648 Lincoln Hwy, Central City, PA 15926). Return trip would be on US 30 to McConnellsburg, PA to Mercersberg, PA to Clear Spring, MD.

Would be happy to help out with planning for either Spring or Fall 2019.

#7 ·
@TDWright and I talked this afternoon and we are working on the details for this get together. We will both have more information toward the end of January.
@fbnewell1 I definitely expect to see you there along with all of the North Carolina crew.

You may need to go further north to get @fbnewell1 to show up! Otherwise he’ll just be doing circles to rack up miles ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Well - I haven’t done a SaddleSore 2000 yet ...

But, seriously - not realistically any way I can go any time other than the late September to early November time frame. That’s about the only time I can run off for a week at a time. Now, if some of y’all get something planned at the Three Sisters in central Texas, I am sure I can get there at least a couple days anytime except mid-June through August.

Maybe some of y’all could get together and do your own SaddleSore coming southwest ... :wink:

#11 ·
Ok, I left my Laptop power adapter in Myrtle Beach and the aftermarket one killed my battery... and my computer was non functioning even when plugged in...……

Now that I have the OEM power adapter.... the batteries are charging and the laptop is working fine... I'M Back!!!

Yes we will be working on this meet-up pronto after the first of the year...….!!!!!!1

TD

#16 ·
Hey everyone! I am excited to see folks planning a possible meetup for the summer. I hope I will be able to attend. Summers are the most flexible for me, however; I do have some obligations already set.

Graduation for the school I work at is May 10th. I am required to attend.

I plan to travel to Lebanon TN for the BMW MOA International Rally on June 13th-15th. As many of you know, my stepdad Ron is a lifetime BMW rider and avid RA/MOA member. We both try to attend as many of these events together as possible.

I do teach summer school... but it is all online!!! In other words, I can teach from anywhere that has internet!

My wife asked me if we wanted to have her design a patch for this event. So far we have designed the patches for the first three Honda CTX Meetups! (1) Waynsville NC, Oct. 2016; (2) Loveland CO, July 2017; (3) Stecoah NC, Oct. 2018. All of these patches included the event's name with the location, month, and year noted. If this is something we want, let us know. We will need to figure out the cost, who would commit to purchasing one, and determine if this is something we can do. I gotta say, I have all three patches on my vest and I think they get better each time!

Peace,
Chris Hansen (AKA, HansenCTX)

#19 ·
Summer is better for me too...last October meetup coincided with the first snow here in Colorado

#21 ·
Steve and I met this morning to go over the MD-PA-WV CTX Meet Up for this summer...…… Big Cudo's go to Steve for having thought this out before hand and so we are going to go with his ideas for day 1 of the meet up.....

I am working on Day 2, for a Ride through the West Virginia Hills and will provide that at a later date.

Here are shots of the Routes and List of Routes for Day 1 for those who are interested...…..

Dates as discussed are: July 26-29, 2019, Using Friday and Saturday as riding days.....

Tim

Attachments

#30 ·
@TDWright and I have finally figure out the meet up point. It will be at Happy Hills Campground at 12617 Seavolt Road Hancock, MD 21750. Tell them you are with the CTX1300 group. Happy Hills Campground | Hancock, MD 21750

Date: July 26-29, 2019

- Tents sites: $25 per night w/o electric; $39 per night with electric
- Cabins: $75 per night
- RV hook ups 30amps $42 per day; 50amps $44 per day

I am going to start up another thread titled "2019 East Coast Meet Up" to clean up the chat now that we have a date and place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.