CTX 1300 Forum banner

761 - 780 of 802 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,408 Posts
a while back i owned a 1979 gold wing 1000 for a long time. i've now owned a ctx1300 for several
years. i recently watched a guy on you tube put some saddleback guards on a ctx1300 & i decided
that was a good idea. I CAN'T FIND THEM ANYWHERE ! i'll be 73 years old in a month & this is more
than likely going to be my last motorcycle. i joined the forum thinking someone might know where i
could obtain the guards for a 2014 ctx1300. i don't know yet how everything works here but i'm glad
to be here. talk to you later - may God bless everyone.
Welcome chopphamm.
As mentioned the saddlebag guards are made by a member on this forum and are the only guards available for this bike. See the sticky threads on those and highway peg brackets in the tech section in the Appearance and Body subforum. It's best to send a PM to him or send a direct email to his email address posted in many posts in that thread.

Almost ALL the correct information will be found on this site for this bike. Honda dealers really don't know anything about this bike for the most part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all from Reisterstown MD. Been following the site for a while since first walked into dealer and saw the 700. When I saw the 1300 I was in love. Been looking to pick one up and now just looking to see right deal. Hopefully within less then month it will be official. Looking for black since it will match the “fleet”. But I love all the information and I am working on list to customize it as soon as I get, that is unless I find one that someone has done it for me already.

·
Registered
796 Posts
AWESOME, welcome to the V4 gang!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Been riding off on and on since I was kid in the northeast Alabama hills, ride different bikes over the years, CB’s, GXSR, rebels, V-star’s. My son bought a Blue CTX earlier this year and quit riding. He asked me if I was interested in his bike. I rode it and fell in love with it. Bought and been riding it ever since

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another newby

Hello Everyone.
Well my CTX1300 arrives tomorrow.
Iv part ex a ST1100 and CB1300 for this CTX.
Iv had a lot of bikes including Bmw
But I’m pro Hondas. Iv had a ST1300 in the past so let’s see how this new bike goes. I do have an CRF1000 Africa Twin for a change as I like European tours
There’s not much knowledge in England regarding the CTX so the forum is going to be useful.
I’m a senior Rospa tutor for advanced motorcycle training..

Cheers
Dave

·
Super Moderator
5,408 Posts
Welcome @Davesch
There are a few members here from the UK.
For maintenance you'll find the CTX1300 almost just the same as the ST1300. Except no need to remove any panels to change the oil and filter :) .
For riding there is much more of a difference. The CTX1300 is much more relaxed a ride compared to the ST, yet still has plenty of grunt to get on down the road and can still handle twisties with ease. I found it more comfortable than my ST1100.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome aboard, @Davesch !!!

You didn’t happen to get a white one, did you? Wish that color was available here in the states.

Reactions: strawhat1

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome, Alex!!!! Love the white CTX’s. Wish we had them here in the States.

Reactions: SCS and GURAN
761 - 780 of 802 Posts