CTX 1300 Forum banner

781 - 800 of 802 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
in Russia, this motorcycle was sold only in white and black. White majority. However, in General, an extremely rare motorcycle... in My city with a population of more than 1 million people, the ctx1300 is only mine))))

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
@GURAN can you provide any additional information on those additional mirrors added?

I’ve seen these on eBay and other places too. I had a pair at one time and ended up returning them but don’t recall why. This link will take you to one place that sells them.

https://www.sagefinds.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=K2586&srccode=NXCAC6&utm_source=google&utm_medium=comparison&utm_campaign=datafeed&source=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4dr0BRCxARIsAKUNjWQKQcSfZmLmRU71vpIddkcXHXhDnN54usPHBALSRlnsYnZSazoD0m8aAoznEALw_wcB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SCS

·
Super Moderator
5,408 Posts
@GURAN can you provide any additional information on those additional mirrors added?
I also added a set to my CTX1300 back in 2015 but found they shook too much to be very useful. Also with my body and where I had my handle bars adjusted I found they gave me a good view of my knuckles with a wide angle view to the side behind me in the outer 1/2 of the mirrors so I sent them back also.

These are the ones I had:

There are others just like them. Some are a bit larger and some a bit smaller but basically the same:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordinary car nameless additional mirrors.... I touched a lot of mirrors and found those that do not hang and do not shake the mirror element. With the right settings, I can see more in them than in regular mirrors. Very happy

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Members

New member, Ron Dixon, just bought a CTX 1300, I have been riding for over 50 years. My first motorcycle was a moped and then a CB350 at 14 and have never stop riding. I still ride motocross with my grandsons, my wife and I have rode in all 50 states and Seven Providence and and the northwest Territory in Canada. We have a 135,000 miles on 2011 Harley Davidson Electra glide Ultra limited, another 56,000 miles on a 2016 Harley Davidson ultra limited CVO, another 45,000 miles on a 2007 Harley Davidson super glide CVO, and another 20,000 miles on a 2018 Goldwing. I will not be buying any more Harleys switch back to the Hondas that I started out with for dependability. I’m really glad to be in this CTX 1300 forum. This bike is amazing to me it’s like a miniature gold wing powerful handles good nice run around town bike.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome aboard, Ron!

You, of all people, outta know if this is a good bike or not, with all the miles you’ve racked up on two wheels. Methinks you’ll find it an excellent steed, with typical Honda reliability.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi yall! Im not sure if im doing this intro right... I just bought a used deluxe and was nervous because it had been a totaled vehicle as it tipped over low speed and had minor fairing damage. I got it for $7000 and so far after 3k miles it rocks!! I love this thing. Ive had 22 different bikes in 25 years of riding and its about my fave. It just does so much well. I can rip it and corner, listen to tunes, take my woman on, plenty of torque just enough HP that satisfies but doesnt get me in screaming trouble! Seriously its amazing to me why it didnt get better sales. I feel blessed that even though its a salvage, to me it may as well be the $18,000 off the dealer floor. I'll get some pics up later but it isnt noticeably damaged. Fairing repainted badly and so I'll do a winter project soon and repaint satin black. The bike is all black, including the wheels. Cool.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Congrats on the bike, Shem. And welcome!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I'm here for research and possible purchase.
There is a Deluxe in my area, with 14K miles, for $6K. In the past couple weeks, he had dropped a couple hundred at a time, from an original price of $7K.
NADA has the bike average retail $8750, low retail $6650.
I am apprehensive of the single year production, but most here, really love them.
I'm also concerned with weight and seat height. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. Current bike is a Shadow 750, 200 pounds lighter and 3.4" lower seat height, than the CTX1300.

·
Super Moderator
5,408 Posts
Welcome @pizza_pablo , There are a few here who are similar stature as you. This bike does wear it's weight rather low compared with many other bikes. It still can be a struggle for some to push it around the garage (don't try this while seated on the bike), but on the road it rides like a dream. That price, $6000, is actually closer to reality for a good deal. NADA calls it rather high unless referring to new at the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome @pizza_pablo , There are a few here who are similar stature as you. This bike does wear it's weight rather low compared with many other bikes. It still can be a struggle for some to push it around the garage (don't try this while seated on the bike), but on the road it rides like a dream. That price, $6000, is actually closer to reality for a good deal. NADA calls it rather high unless referring to new at the dealer.
Walking the bike and being on gravel or uneven roadway is what concerns me.
I like to have full control and confidence. The low seat height is what I like about the Shadow.
I'm waiting for the seller to get back with a test ride time.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I am 5/8" with a 30" inseam... with proper riding boots I never feel at risk to loosing a footing. $6000 for deluxe with 14k miles is a pretty darn deal. Definitely get you buns in the seat and see how it feels to you.

781 - 800 of 802 Posts