CTX 1300 Forum banner
801 - 820 of 856 Posts

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Keep in mind that seat height probably isn’t the only consideration for flat footing. Seat width will have a big effect too. I’m about 5’10” (after adult shrinkage) and have no issues with feet on the ground. My inseam is about 31”. As I know you’ll love this bike as we all do, personally I think you would be well served with a test drive if they are offering. If the 750 has a 25” seat height that’s going to be hard to beat until you get moving on the CTX and then you’ll see and feel just how comfy it is, not to mention a whole lot more power which is always fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for adding me to your forum. I joined the Honda Wing Cor. after watching “On any Sunday.” at the local picture theatre as a kid.
I’ve been riding in Australia for 48 years dirt, road and club racing oval track, in England 2 years club oval track. Learnt to ride on a Honda CT90 with no engine. First road bike Honda SL125. Longest ride Yamaha XJ900 289,000klms. Best race bike Yamaha TZ350D.
Current bike Honda VFR800fi I’ve fallen in love with Honda V-Fours. You know what they say “Once you’ve had Vee Four, you never look back!”
Carry some titanium and a lot of stainless steel screws and always send my Physiotherapist a Christmas Card. She loves me because I think I paid for her kids private education and no they are not my kids.
Looking at purchasing a CTX1300A ABS February 2021. Currently reviewing my eligibility to starting a deep and meaningful with a CTX1300.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for adding me to your forum. I joined the Honda Wing Cor. after watching “On any Sunday.” at the local picture theatre as a kid.
I’ve been riding in Australia for 48 years dirt, road and club racing oval track, in England 2 years club oval track. Learnt to ride on a Honda CT90 with no engine. First road bike Honda SL125. Longest ride Yamaha XJ900 289,000klms. Best race bike Yamaha TZ350D.
Current bike Honda VFR800fi I’ve fallen in love with Honda V-Fours. You know what they say “Once you’ve had Vee Four, you never look back!”
Carry some titanium and a lot of stainless steel screws and always send my Physiotherapist a Christmas Card. She loves me because I think I paid for her kids private education and no they are not my kids.
Looking at purchasing a CTX1300A ABS February 2021. Currently reviewing my eligibility to starting a deep and meaningful with a CTX1300.
Welcome to the forum from Canada 🇨🇦, @Hunter Wing Cor.! You are fortunate to live Down Under, where year round riding is possible. I have put my CTX to bed for a long winter’s nap and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of spring. If you like V4 Hondas, you will love the CTX!
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Registered
134 Posts
Greetings from Georgia. Just purchased mine today.. knock wood for happy trails ahead.
Former VFR12 rider, this will be only my second Honda. But I've ridden or owned just about everything else since 1975.
Cheers to all and best for 2021.
Welcome from Canada, blubruce! 🇨🇦 My CTX is my first Honda, but I have also had a lot of other brands over the years. This one seems like a keeper!
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello from Colorado. I'm new to the forum.
I should get my CTX1300 (non-deluxe) next week as a 14" dusting of snow on Thursday AM delayed my pickup plans.
I'm a front ranger who's been riding the canyons and paved mountain passes over the last 15-ish years on a variety of cruisers; from a v-star, to a VTX1300, and currently on a 950 Yamaha Tourer.
I came close last fall to pulling the trigger on the ST1300 but it got away from me.
The more I read up on the ST's, the more I kept being exposed to these CTX things which influenced my decision..
Temps in suburbia should be warming up next week, so thinking to take a nice back road cruise on a familiar route to shake out and get acquainted to my new ride.
Looks like a lot of good info is here on this forum. I look forward to learning about the proper care, feeding and house training of my new addition. Happy Friday night, Cheers!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello from Colorado. I'm new to the forum.
I should get my CTX1300 (non-deluxe) next week as a 14" dusting of snow on Thursday AM delayed my pickup plans.
I'm a front ranger who's been riding the canyons and paved mountain passes over the last 15-ish years on a variety of cruisers; from a v-star, to a VTX1300, and currently on a 950 Yamaha Tourer.
I came close last fall to pulling the trigger on the ST1300 but it got away from me.
The more I read up on the ST's, the more I kept being exposed to these CTX things which influenced my decision..
Temps in suburbia should be warming up next week, so thinking to take a nice back road cruise on a familiar route to shake out and get acquainted to my new ride.
Looks like a lot of good info is here on this forum. I look forward to learning about the proper care, feeding and house training of my new addition. Happy Friday night, Cheers!
Welcome from London, Ontario, Canada! 🇨🇦

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just wanted to say thank you to all the folks who, in the past, added useful information to the forum. With just a little searching I was able to find all I needed to swap out the windscreen (back to the OEM shorty) and remove the Rox risers today. Of the many different bike forums I've been on, this one is particularly and thoroughly informative! Combining all your past experiences with the soon to arrive service manual will make any wrenching ahead that much smoother. Thanks again everyone, you are much appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey all. New member located in eastern Iowa that just acquired a beautiful Red 2014 Deluxe model from the Chicago area with only 5,500 miles and in pristine condition. Not a mark or blemish on it. OEM add-ons are Tall Windshield, Center Stand, Back Rest, and Luggage Rack. Non OEM mods are custom Corbin seat and saddle bag protector bars. Felt very fortunate to find this gem.
I've been riding motorcycle for 45 years and have never owned anything other than Honda. Yep. Brand loyal. That's me. As a kid, I beat the crap out of those machines and they just kept runnin'!
I started with a 75, then 350, then 500, several 750's which is when I fell in love with Honda's V-four motors and drive shaft, then a Goldwing. I became less interested in touring and like many others, got tired of manhandling that big beast, so a few years ago, I was deciding between the CTX1300 and the CTX700 and was still a little bit leery of the CTX1300's weight, so I purchased a used CTX700 knowing it wasn't completely what I had in mind, but I knew my younger speedy days were pretty much behind me and the weight allowed me to maneuver so easily.
Well.....a few riding seasons later and after some experiences of NOT having enough power and being blown around a little too much, I just felt like I should have maybe not moved that far down the HP food chain. Don't get me wrong. It's a great bike for what it is designed to do and there are some great aspects about it. I just think my experience and that old V-4/drive shaft combo kept nagging at me, so I started looking again. I trailered it home last Friday, and it was warm enough for me to take a couple of rides Sat just to test it out more completely before more dog gone snow fell today.
OMG!! Schwing!! I immediately fell in love. Weight distribution is everything the members here said it is, and I'm so pleased with the bump in power it provides and handling. I think I might have also peed in my pants a little too when I heard the thing start up. Man, that's a beautiful sound. I truly feel like I have found a bike that will be with me for a very very long time. In fact, I haven't even really started riding it, but I've not felt this comfortable/right in a long time and it feels really good again. Woop Woop!!! Thanks to Soichiro Honda and Takeo Fujisawa for starting this dream so long ago.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello, new to the forum, currently do not own a CTX 1300 but I am in the market for one. I've been riding on and off since I was 15, so that would be....wait, gonna have to take my shoes and socks off... 52 years. :) Currently have a 2014 Yamaha V-Star 950 Tourer. I purchased it last fall, nice bike but I'm finding I'm just not a fan of V Twins. I started looking for the replacement and my short list was Yamaha FJR 1300, Kawasaki Concours 14 and lastly the Honda CTX 1300. The first two washed out due to the riding position just didn't work for me. Leaving me with the CTX, which seems to be short on features but if you can find one, they are pretty reasonable price wise. Anyway, that my story, I'll post more if I purchase a CTX or I'll give my reasoning for not purchasing a CTX.

801 - 820 of 856 Posts