CTX 1300 Forum banner
841 - 856 of 856 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I believe he may be talking about the one I mentioned in Osage Beach MO. I’m thinking it was like $11800 maybe. Don’t remember exactly. I considered it but they wouldn’t do new tires/battery/fluids. But it is a deluxe.
Welcome WilCruiser. You out my way, Bland Mo? Good luck on the bike. They have been sitting on it for at least two yrs now that I inquired.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,067 Posts
Welcome @WilCruiser

Just so you know, or maybe you do after researching here. The Deluxe model has the blacked out wheel rims and side panels, as well as the ABS/TC and Audio control head and a few other niceties. The Standard has silver wheel rims and silver side panels without the extras. Only in the USA is this distinction made between colors and the Deluxe or Standard.

Also a significant note... The reliability of this engine and transmission have been proven for over 20 years since they are taken almost directly out of the ST1300 with very little modification. Many accessory parts also come right off the ST1300 like pegs/boards and grips and other parts. A lot of information can be gleaned from the ST-Owners forum as well as from here on this bike.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I believe he may be talking about the one I mentioned in Osage Beach MO. I’m thinking it was like $11800 maybe. Don’t remember exactly. I considered it but they wouldn’t do new tires/battery/fluids. But it is a deluxe.
Welcome WilCruiser. You out my way, Bland Mo? Good luck on the bike. They have been sitting on it for at least two yrs now that I inquired.
Those tires are eight years old, and I'm wondering if it's even legal to sell them on a new bike. Rubber degrades whether they've been used or not.
I'd definitely want new tires and a battery.
If they won't change anything, I would offer a price to cover replacing the tires at least.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to CTX1300Forum.com - the largest and friendliest Honda CTX 1300 Forum! As a new member we ask that you introduce yourself to us. Tell us a bit about your riding history, why you love (or hate!) the Honda CTX 1300, and a bit about yourself. Thanks!

-Jeff
Just discovered the CTX-1300 , and now am in pursuit of owning one
I currently have a Vulcan 1700 classic which I am tired of trying to reach the ground on, and wrestling thru winding roads.
I ride with Steel City Vulcan club, but frankly, hope to find a group less politically charged.
Hope to find a rider in Pittsburgh or dealership with a CTX to see if my thoughts match the realities of the motorcycle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to CTX1300Forum.com - the largest and friendliest Honda CTX 1300 Forum! As a new member we ask that you introduce yourself to us. Tell us a bit about your riding history, why you love (or hate!) the Honda CTX 1300, and a bit about yourself. Thanks!

-Jeff
I just bought my first CTX1300 Ive always owned Gold Wings and Ultra Classics. Its winter so cant ride yet. Really anxious to get it out. Nice bike but hard to find accessories. Those highway pegs are tough to find.

·
Super Moderator
6,067 Posts
Just discovered the CTX-1300 , and now am in pursuit of owning one
I currently have a Vulcan 1700 classic which I am tired of trying to reach the ground on, and wrestling thru winding roads.
I ride with Steel City Vulcan club, but frankly, hope to find a group less politically charged.
Hope to find a rider in Pittsburgh or dealership with a CTX to see if my thoughts match the realities of the motorcycle.
I just bought my first CTX1300 Ive always owned Gold Wings and Ultra Classics. Its winter so cant ride yet. Really anxious to get it out. Nice bike but hard to find accessories. Those highway pegs are tough to find.
Welcome to the forum!
There are accessories out there. Some, like for foot pegs or foot boards and grips seem hard to find until you start looking at what fits the ST1300 since those would be the very same parts. Highway peg adapters were made by a member here but that member has been absent for a long time (@menosabe ) and he hasn't responded to his direct email either that I know of so don't know what happened to him. Kuryakyn makes some peg clamps and extenders that will fit on the frame tube alongside the bottom of the engine that some here have used.

Check out the document of gathered information about lots of accessories and parts and bits of info put together by @CaliChaos here:
Knowledge and random stuff sharing
Lots of information and sources where you can find things

What kind of bike you ride is less important than that you ride. If you are with a group who thinks otherwise or is disagreeable to be around then don't hesitate to ride with others. I don't get out a lot but still ride with the same group I've been riding with for 13 years now, the ST-Owners, since there are a few who live closer to me and I enjoy the riding/camping events that are just outside my state and have been attending as long as I've been riding with those guys. They still let me ride and camp with them even though I ride a Super Scooter now. I still miss my CTX1300. I really don't miss my ST1100 so don't know what that's about, but I would miss not meeting up with the group on occasion.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
There are accessories out there. Some, like for foot pegs or foot boards and grips seem hard to find until you start looking at what fits the ST1300 since those would be the very same parts. Highway peg adapters were made by a member here but that member has been absent for a long time (@menosabe ) and he hasn't responded to his direct email either that I know of so don't know what happened to him. Kuryakyn makes some peg clamps and extenders that will fit on the frame tube alongside the bottom of the engine that some here have used.

Check out the document of gathered information about lots of accessories and parts and bits of info put together by @CaliChaos here:
Knowledge and random stuff sharing
Lots of information and sources where you can find things

What kind of bike you ride is less important than that you ride. If you are with a group who thinks otherwise or is disagreeable to be around then don't hesitate to ride with others. I don't get out a lot but still ride with the same group I've been riding with for 13 years now, the ST-Owners, since there are a few who live closer to me and I enjoy the riding/camping events that are just outside my state and have been attending as long as I've been riding with those guys. They still let me ride and camp with them even though I ride a Super Scooter now. I still miss my CTX1300. I really don't miss my ST1100 so don't know what that's about, but I would miss not meeting up with the group on occasion.
Bob,
I'm sooo sorry about your CTX loss. I had no idea you were suffering from CTX withdrawal. Maybe you and HansenCTX can start a support group thread on the forum for others in the same situation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, my name is Ed. Thank you for letting me join! As a teenager, my cousins had dirt bikes on the farm that I got to ride when I visited. Since then I hadn't touched a motorcycle until about 5 years ago (in my late 40's) when I took a basic rider course and loved it! Before long I found a 500cc 1983 Honda Shadow for sale that looked like a good starter bike. It was but it didn't take long to decide I wanted something bigger. I stepped up to a bigger Shadow, a 2006 VTX1300C which is now my son's since I found my CTX1300 about a month ago.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Welcome aboard, Ed !! You have found a great source of info on all things CTX1300, as well as a first-class group of folks. If you’re anywhere near the east coast, might want to check out the Meetup in the Mountains 2022 (this year in Little Switzerland, NC). Great group of folks, and stellar riding area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, bought my 2014 last year with 7,000 km on the odometer. I’m a long time rider since the early 60’s Had many Honda’s over the years along with many other makes, owned a 1991 Wing, the CTX has some of the same transmission traits as the wing, much of it due to linkage lag (shift shaft not convenient to your foot position)! I was concerned about trans gear noise through the gears, but which becomes acceptable in cruise, my local Honda dealer tech explained: Honda uses strait cut gears in the trans not beveled which are great for wear but noisy (sounds like truck diff whine). Other than this characteristic and clutch banging on slow speed control I actually enjoy the bike, great engine tons of torque, comfortable, (even though my right knee occasionally touches the right cylinder bank) and handles very well. Only made n 2014 so probably will become a collectors peace….one day! Lol Speaking of collectors you can check out my website and show as follows: www.twowheelclassics.com REV TV Two Wheel Classics. Cheers Alan

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Hi all, bought my 2014 last year with 7,000 km on the odometer. I’m a long time rider since the early 60’s Had many Honda’s over the years along with many other makes, owned a 1991 Wing, the CTX has some of the same transmission traits as the wing, much of it due to linkage lag (shift shaft not convenient to your foot position)! I was concerned about trans gear noise through the gears, but which becomes acceptable in cruise, my local Honda dealer tech explained: Honda uses strait cut gears in the trans not beveled which are great for wear but noisy (sounds like truck diff whine). Other than this characteristic and clutch banging on slow speed control I actually enjoy the bike, great engine tons of torque, comfortable, (even though my right knee occasionally touches the right cylinder bank) and handles very well. Only made n 2014 so probably will become a collectors peace….one day! Lol Speaking of collectors you can check out my website and show as follows: www.twowheelclassics.com REV TV Two Wheel Classics. Cheers Alan
Hello from south of the border.
About the straight cut gears. I understand they don't use up horsepower like helical cut gears do. And there's also the axial pressure that helical gears have, trying to press apart from each other. So the gear housing, wether it's the transmission or the timing gear housing has to be built more robust to deal with the gears pushing away from each other.
Straight cut gears don't do this, but they're noisy. When I brought my CTX home, everyone who heard it idling thought it had a booster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good AM. Russ here & I just discovered this venue.
I do not own a CTX @ this time, but am seriously looking.
For the most part I will be lurking, and learning, perhaps asking a few questions as time passes.
I currently ride a Triumph America, and BMW F800GS.

Thanks in advance for answers to questions I will have.

·
Super Moderator
6,067 Posts
Welcome @41magnut and @Twowheelalan
About that transmission noise from the straight cut gears... The engine and transmission in the CTX1300 are right out of the venerable ST1300. Same bullet proof design that has been around since 2002. Same noise also. Many ST owners have grown to really love that sound. Most call it a Singer Sewing machine or Jetson's Space Car sound (from the old cartoon The Jetson's from way back for those who may be too young to know!).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All!
I am a new owner of a 2014 Deluxe model. I found this particular bike online. It had only 8900 kms on the dial ( Canada! ). I flew in and rode it back in one day. I covered about 750 kms. The bike is very comfortable. It came with a touring windscreen and I was able to ride visor up much of the way. I love love love the motor!! It's easy to maintain a steady 120 kmh and had no problem taking me past 180. My only complaints are handlebar flex when hitting bumps and difficulty seeing the mirrors.
I've been riding for 50 years. I've done touring,commuting, and worked on motorcycles. When I cannot hold up a bike anymore,I'll get a sidecar.
Cheers from Vancouver Island, British Columbia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Folks,

New forum member here. I've joined to try and find a decent Deluxe model with a top case (already posted in the Classifieds section on a potential bike) as well as to learn more about the model. I've been street riding off and on since 1994 and I've owned pretty much every type of bike over the years except for pure off-road bikes. The biggest bike I owned was a Victory Cross Country Tour. Currently I'm riding an Energica Ribelle electric motorcycle as my daily commuter (38 miles each way). After doing an overnight ride I've decided that while my electric easily made the trip, I didn't like the added time from my charging stops, basically turning a 3 hour ride into a nearly 5 hour ride.

With limited space in my motorcycle side of the garage, I've been looking for a decent ICE touring ice bike that can handle 2-up overnight and weekend rides. I don't have the room for another large touring bike like my Victory and my wife doesn't like the passenger seat height of sport tourers (I've had a Yamaha GTS1000, Concours14, and Triumph Trophy SE) so after a lot of Googling and wracking my old brain, I remembered the CTX 1300. I've always liked Honda's V4 motor and the Deluxe has enough tech to keep me happy.

Also, since I would only be riding the bike a few weekends every Spring and Fall (summer's too hot and winter's too cold for my wife to enjoy riding with me), I don't want to invest in a new bike. Hopefully I'll be able to complete a purchase in the next month or two and join you all on the road. ;)

841 - 856 of 856 Posts