CTX 1300 Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
So Chris, are you going to change your name to HansenBMW ?
I know I typed up a short essay on why I purchased the BMW somewhere. But, I was wanting to have a more sport oriented touring bike with more power and modern technology. The BMW R1200RT is at the top of the list for this. I had some experience riding one (My dad's) and found it to be a good ride. Also, I attend a lot of BMW events with my family and wanted to eventually have a BMW in the garage. There is nothing wrong with the Honda CTX, in fact, it is just about perfect for what it is. I have the CTX listed for sale, but since it is paid for and nothing is wrong with it I do not mind if it does not sell quickly. If someone really wants it, they will buy it. If not, then I will continue to own it.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hi all! Many folks have inquired about the available accessories I am wanting to sell. Here is listing of the purchase prices for each item (does not include shipping):

Passenger Backrest with pad: Honda Price $269.95, My Price: $200
Rear Carrier (no backrest): Honda Price $163.95, My Price: $100
Rear Trunk Base: Honda Price $109.95, My Price: $100
Tall Windscreen: Honda Price $125.95, My Price: $100
Air Filter (OEM Honda): Honda Price $55.36, My Price: $50
OEM Grips with end-weights: ??? Make an offer

The Passenger Backrest and Rear Carrier are used and are in like-new condition (no scratches, dents, markings, or fading). The Rear Trunk Base, Tall Windscreen, and OEM Air Filter are new, unused, and still in their original packaging. The OEM Grips and End-Weights are also unused. They were taken off the bike in the shop when the bike was purchased. I drove the bike off the lot with my new grips on. All parts come with all required hardware!!

I am holding on to the shop manual until after the bike sells. Once the bike is gone, I will sell the shop manual.

If interested in any of these items, send me a PM.

Peace,
Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Honda CTX1300 friends. Today, I listed my motorcycle for sale on Cycle Trader. I feel strange, because this bike is great and I connected with it more strongly than any other bike I have ever had. But my riding style continues to evolve. With that said, I am moving on to another bike.

There is nothing wrong with the CTX1300. It is amazing. Great fit, feel, power. But, I want a windscreen that adjusts. I want more modern technology options: Cruise control, heated grips/seat, a stereo system that plays AM/FM radio in addition to Bluetooth and USB connectivity. I would like more power and lean angle, a true sport touring machine. Although my Honda CTX1300 is amazing in so many ways, I want to explore a newer and more modern bona fide sport touring machine.

Over the past couple of years I have been keeping my eye out for a lightly used good condition Honda Goldwing (Honda brand loyalty). However, I have also been looking at the BMW K1600GT or BMW R1200RT. I have not ridden a Honda GL or a BMW K1600, but I have ridden the R1200RT before (my dad’s bike). Although I seriously considered the larger heaver bikes (GL and K1600) I found myself drawn to going lighter (R1200RT).

The R1200Rt is considered by many to be one of the top-choice sport touring options on the market. It has lots of modern tech, a great lean angle, more than enough power (125 hp), smooth delivery, an adjustable windscreen (I am tall), and depending on the year you can find it in RED. I swear I have watched almost every Youtube video available on this bike.

Honda brand loyalty is a thing. I have owned six Honda motorcycles (all RED except one). But, I am feeling that I should diversify. The BMW brand is well known and respected and I have a personal connection and history with BMW MOA/RA (my parents are lifetime BMW MOA members). I have attended two international, one national, and one regional BMW event over the past 10+ years. Owning multiple brands, and bikes, is okay.

So, just a couple weeks ago a few R1200RT were on the market (hard to come by). Some were older, some were newer, and just about all of them had many miles (50,000 to 60,000 +). I was not looking for a bike with more miles than I had on the CTX. Then, I got a Cycle Trader notification of a 2018 BMW R1200RT with 9,000 miles, and it was RED. This R1200RT was fully loaded with all options (sport package, touring package, navigation package, safety package, etc.). It was located in Asheville NC, only a short drive from my home in SC. I had to see it.

As soon as possible I drove to Asheville to review the bike. Wow… it looked brand new. We started the bike, went over a few things, and I rode it around the parking lot a bit. The bike fit well (although some adjustments are needed and expected), the weight was noticeably lighter (600lbs) and it was easier to maneuver than the CTX.

I went home, called my folks, talked to my wife, and made the decision to buy the BMW R1200RT. I didn’t waist time. One day after the test ride I purchased the bike and brought it home.

So, I feel it is time to sell the Honda CTX1300. No sense in having both bikes in the garage.

If you or anyone you know is interested in my Honda CTX1300, let me know. The listing on Cycle Trader is now live.

I will sell the accessories, and spare parts, separately.
  • Brand new OEM tall windscreen (still in box) that I bought last year as a backup.
  • Brand new OEM top case adapter (brand new and in box).
  • Brand new OEM air filter (still in box, unopened).
  • Used OEM Cargo Rack.
  • Used OEM Passenger backrest
  • New OEM Handgrips (took them off and replaced them with Kury/ISO grips before I drove the bike home from the Dealership).
  • Honda CTX1300 Shop Manuel
Link to the listing: https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2014-Honda-Ctx-5016344576

I am still participating in all our rides and events. Although I am drawn to a newer bike, it will not lure me away from our community. I have been a part of the CTX culture from the start. I am a lifetime member of our forum and I intend to continue to participate as a friend.

If my bike does not sell that does not bother me (yet). The bike is great, is in excellent condition, and I may ride it from time to time.

I look forward to our many rides together! See you all very soon at some point on the road.

Peace,
Chris
Sorry to see the CTX go, and thanks for your youtube videos, they have helped me in so many different ways.
Cheers and safe riding on your new baby.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all! Many folks have inquired about the available accessories I am wanting to sell. Here is listing of the purchase prices for each item (does not include shipping):

Passenger Backrest with pad: Honda Price $269.95, My Price: $200
Rear Carrier (no backrest): Honda Price $163.95, My Price: $100
Rear Trunk Base: Honda Price $109.95, My Price: $100
Tall Windscreen: Honda Price $125.95, My Price: $100
Air Filter (OEM Honda): Honda Price $55.36, My Price: $50
OEM Grips with end-weights: ??? Make an offer

The Passenger Backrest and Rear Carrier are used and are in like-new condition (no scratches, dents, markings, or fading). The Rear Trunk Base, Tall Windscreen, and OEM Air Filter are new, unused, and still in their original packaging. The OEM Grips and End-Weights are also unused. They were taken off the bike in the shop when the bike was purchased. I drove the bike off the lot with my new grips on. All parts come with all required hardware!!

I am holding on to the shop manual until after the bike sells. Once the bike is gone, I will sell the shop manual.

If interested in any of these items, send me a PM.

Peace,
Chris

·
Registered
314 Posts
I never do a thing... including logging into the formal much anymore. Congrats Chris! How could you say no to a sharp bike like that. Have fun brother!

Reactions: HansenCTX

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Would like to buy those four plugs to cover the bolts on my Carrier
Hello chood!

Thanks for letting me know. I have a person looking at the bike at the moment, and he might buy the bike with the rear carrier (including the covers for the bolts) + passenger backrest. If you don't mind, I would like to wait until after this deal is done before I sell items related to the rear carrier and passenger backrest.

If the bike sells without these items being part of the deal, I will reach back out!

Thanks again!
Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello chood!

Thanks for letting me know. I have a person looking at the bike at the moment, and he might buy the bike with the rear carrier (including the covers for the bolts) + passenger backrest. If you don't mind, I would like to wait until after this deal is done before I sell items related to the rear carrier and passenger backrest.

If the bike sells without these items being part of the deal, I will reach back out!

Thanks again!
Chris
Sounds good

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Man it's really cool seeing how the police officers can throw them around, this video shows the full training course with drone shots of the R1200RT.

Here I am at a training course a couple of weeks ago taught by motorcycle police officers. I am ready for your cone course @fbnewell1

·
Registered
652 Posts
Nicely done, Koepp !! Now, I’ve just gotta buy +/- 500 more cones to go with the 5 I already have!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Honda CTX1300 friends. Today, I listed my motorcycle for sale on Cycle Trader. I feel strange, because this bike is great and I connected with it more strongly than any other bike I have ever had. But my riding style continues to evolve. With that said, I am moving on to another bike.

There is nothing wrong with the CTX1300. It is amazing. Great fit, feel, power. But, I want a windscreen that adjusts. I want more modern technology options: Cruise control, heated grips/seat, a stereo system that plays AM/FM radio in addition to Bluetooth and USB connectivity. I would like more power and lean angle, a true sport touring machine. Although my Honda CTX1300 is amazing in so many ways, I want to explore a newer and more modern bona fide sport touring machine.

Over the past couple of years I have been keeping my eye out for a lightly used good condition Honda Goldwing (Honda brand loyalty). However, I have also been looking at the BMW K1600GT or BMW R1200RT. I have not ridden a Honda GL or a BMW K1600, but I have ridden the R1200RT before (my dad’s bike). Although I seriously considered the larger heaver bikes (GL and K1600) I found myself drawn to going lighter (R1200RT).

The R1200Rt is considered by many to be one of the top-choice sport touring options on the market. It has lots of modern tech, a great lean angle, more than enough power (125 hp), smooth delivery, an adjustable windscreen (I am tall), and depending on the year you can find it in RED. I swear I have watched almost every Youtube video available on this bike.

Honda brand loyalty is a thing. I have owned six Honda motorcycles (all RED except one). But, I am feeling that I should diversify. The BMW brand is well known and respected and I have a personal connection and history with BMW MOA/RA (my parents are lifetime BMW MOA members). I have attended two international, one national, and one regional BMW event over the past 10+ years. Owning multiple brands, and bikes, is okay.

So, just a couple weeks ago a few R1200RT were on the market (hard to come by). Some were older, some were newer, and just about all of them had many miles (50,000 to 60,000 +). I was not looking for a bike with more miles than I had on the CTX. Then, I got a Cycle Trader notification of a 2018 BMW R1200RT with 9,000 miles, and it was RED. This R1200RT was fully loaded with all options (sport package, touring package, navigation package, safety package, etc.). It was located in Asheville NC, only a short drive from my home in SC. I had to see it.

As soon as possible I drove to Asheville to review the bike. Wow… it looked brand new. We started the bike, went over a few things, and I rode it around the parking lot a bit. The bike fit well (although some adjustments are needed and expected), the weight was noticeably lighter (600lbs) and it was easier to maneuver than the CTX.

I went home, called my folks, talked to my wife, and made the decision to buy the BMW R1200RT. I didn’t waist time. One day after the test ride I purchased the bike and brought it home.

So, I feel it is time to sell the Honda CTX1300. No sense in having both bikes in the garage.

If you or anyone you know is interested in my Honda CTX1300, let me know. The listing on Cycle Trader is now live.

I will sell the accessories, and spare parts, separately.
  • Brand new OEM tall windscreen (still in box) that I bought last year as a backup.
  • Brand new OEM top case adapter (brand new and in box).
  • Brand new OEM air filter (still in box, unopened).
  • Used OEM Cargo Rack.
  • Used OEM Passenger backrest
  • New OEM Handgrips (took them off and replaced them with Kury/ISO grips before I drove the bike home from the Dealership).
  • Honda CTX1300 Shop Manuel
Link to the listing: https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2014-Honda-Ctx-5016344576

I am still participating in all our rides and events. Although I am drawn to a newer bike, it will not lure me away from our community. I have been a part of the CTX culture from the start. I am a lifetime member of our forum and I intend to continue to participate as a friend.

If my bike does not sell that does not bother me (yet). The bike is great, is in excellent condition, and I may ride it from time to time.

I look forward to our many rides together! See you all very soon at some point on the road.

Peace,
Chris
Hello Chris,
I haven't been in touch for over six months. I dropped Facebook last November and haven't been on this forum for just as long.
Sorry to see you selling your CTX, still enjoying mine.
I recently installed the MCCruise.com cruise control and it was worth every penny. The tendons in my wrist were starting to give me some problems and it really is great on the highway.
Recently purchased the OEM sound system, but haven't gotten around to the install. I'm looking towards installing a small weatherproof Jensen AM/FM/Weather radio on a cross bar. I'll interface it with the Honda sound system using a Bluetooth transmitter.
To make myself more visible to others, I installed the OEM fog light kit. Yes, it's expensive, but the bike is already wired for it. No need to rig up a switch and battery connections, and it's integrated with the high beam switch. They've made a big difference on people noticing I'm there, which is what I intended.
But, like you and other riders, I'm never satisfied. The latest series Goldwing looks sweet, and has a better center of gravity than the CTX. But I'm still enjoying my CTX and installing accessories. When I'm done, I'll have everything the deluxe gas except for traction control and ABS. Both of which I don't want anyways.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts