CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, this is my first post.

After burning through the OEM Bridgestone Exedras at just above 8,000 miles, I wanted to have a tire with a bit more longevity so I wouldn't be caught in a bad situation.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle

My last trip on this tire was nearly cut short roughly 300 miles out from home with no shop around because the cords started showing through. I took this picture with about 100 miles to go, and cautiously made my way home.

When searching for my next tire, I heard good things from my Dad about his darksided '99 Goldwing, soI began searching for a car tire myself. I settled on the Michelin CrossClimate 2 sized in 205/50 R17, after reading other posts on the forum for tire size and other forums for tire recommendations.

The tread is symmetrical, has a roundish profile, a 60k warranty, and rated for over 1,400 pounds. It all seemed to make sense to me, so I jumped on it. The tire was around $215. I went with a rear Bridgestone BT46 Battleaxe for the front tire in hopes of getting some extra mileage out of the front as well.

I had some trouble getting the old tire off myself, so I contacted a local shop for removal and mounting of the CT. I had to make a few calls to different shops, but found one eventually.

Here are some photos of the tire on the bike.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

The last photo in that set is of the CT after making a 25 mile freeway stretch into a 33 mile mountain canyon on the second day of use. I dragged peg before making it close to the sidewall. It actually feels pretty good, just needs a little more oomph to corner.

The other mod I added was the 17 inch Madstad windshield. It blocks a lot more wind than the OEM touring screen, so it's everything I was looking for.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I just wanted to share my most recent upgrades 😁, thanks for tuning in.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts