CTX 1300 Forum banner

3341 - 3360 of 3391 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Got 950 miles in the last few days. Toured around Missouri hitting the Tour of Honor sites. I like this bike.

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Yes, the first one is in O’Fallon Mo, the other one is in Branson. The others were in Dexter, Lexington, Chillicothe, Moberly, and Kingdom City.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Today was bad riding weather here in Florida so I decided to install new brakes and change the brake and clutch fluids. Fluid change is due in July but I had the time today. I bought the Speedbleeders and installed them. It was much easier doing the fluid changes. Now that they are already in it'll be quicker every time I do it. I recommend them if you change the fluids by yourself. After the maintenance work I gave it a cleaning. There are alot of places I don't usually get to that are behind the bags. An excellent day in the garage and maybe tomorrow I'll get a ride in early before the afternoon thunderstorms.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Ride to Osage Beach MO to hook up with some of my old riding buddies from GWRRA days. Some from St. Charles area some from Columbia area. One of the couples that moved down here led us on a 135 mile loop around the lake area. Syracuse MO for lunch then back. 90+ degrees but little traffic on the roads we hit. But real signs of our aging crew. 14 GW trikes 4 GW bikes 1 VTX1300 and me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Ride to Osage Beach MO to hook up with some of my old riding buddies from GWRRA days. Some from St. Charles area some from Columbia area. One of the couples that moved down here led us on a 135 mile loop around the lake area. Syracuse MO for lunch then back. 90+ degrees but little traffic on the roads we hit. But real signs of our aging crew. 14 GW trikes 4 GW bikes 1 VTX1300 and me.
One of these days we will cross paths. I did about 250 miles on Thursday. Highway 42 out to Vienna, MO, then up to Jeff City and back.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Speedbleeders

Today was bad riding weather here in Florida so I decided to install new brakes and change the brake and clutch fluids. Fluid change is due in July but I had the time today. I bought the Speedbleeders and installed them. It was much easier doing the fluid changes. Now that they are already in it'll be quicker every time I do it. I recommend them if you change the fluids by yourself. After the maintenance work I gave it a cleaning. There are alot of places I don't usually get to that are behind the bags. An excellent day in the garage and maybe tomorrow I'll get a ride in early before the afternoon thunderstorms.
@SC14 which speedbleeders did you get? Those for the st1300? Any special issues/procedures installing them? Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got the ones listed for the ST1300 . Bob said they were the same Honda part number for the st1300 and ctx1300 so I took a chance and they all worked out well. I am going to install speedbleeders in my Bmw as well. I like them alot. Easy install, just put a rag around it when you pull out the old one to catch any fluid that comes out. Very easy to do.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,350
I couldn't take it any longer... too much work and not enough play. Sunday (yesterday) I left the house at 10am and did a 200 mile loop in the Blur Ridge Mountains with Northern GA and Upstate SC. I was all over the place. Really enjoyed sections of HWY17, HWY75, HWY 180, HWY19, HWY129, and many more! My goal was to get out and ride before the rain. I got home around 2:45 and stayed dry.

Peace,
Chris

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well, it only took me six years, but today I finally put a center stand on my bike. No one can call me "hasty". Oh, then I checked if my clutch lever was in any danger of falling off... nope, looks good.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well, it only took me six years, but today I finally put a center stand on my bike. No one can call me "hasty". Oh, then I checked if my clutch lever was in any danger of falling off... nope, looks good.
I've had mine 5 years and still trying to decide if I need a centerstand.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Rode with my friend for 221 mile ride. good to get out again. I also flushed the brake system and clutch fluid. Two years really flew by.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I Got my new Corbin seat with the backrest on and I will say it made a difference on a 300 mile ride today. I had a little trouble latching it but I got it after I added a washer or two.

Next trip is to Asheville in July with the
wife. I'm trying to get her into riding with me so that I can have a travel buddy. View attachment 44653

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
I couldn't take it any longer... too much work and not enough play. Sunday (yesterday) I left the house at 10am and did a 200 mile loop in the Blur Ridge Mountains with Northern GA and Upstate SC. I was all over the place. Really enjoyed sections of HWY17, HWY75, HWY 180, HWY19, HWY129, and many more! My goal was to get out and ride before the rain. I got home around 2:45 and stayed dry.

Peace,
Chris
Sounds like a scouting trip for the upcoming Meetup in the Mountains. :)

Reactions: HansenCTX

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,358
Went Camping

Got home yesterday from a two night motocamping trip. Headed to the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground, Friday - Sunday. I had a great time. There was a great group of folks there this weekend and the weather/riding was great. I did have to deal with a little rain on Friday afternoon, but not too much to worry about.

Friday: Left Anderson at 10am. North on HWY 178 into NC, East on HWY 64 into Brevard, then North on HWY 276. Rain started just as soon as I entered the Pisgah National Forrest and didn't stop until I reached the Blue Ridge Parkway. When I pulled into the campground I could see that there were many people already there, including a large Yamaha group that meets-up annually on the Father's Day weekend. All cabins were full, but I already new that from speaking with Jay (owner) before I left. I started to unpack the bike, then the rain started heavy. I quickly set up my REI 12X12 Camp Tarp and but everything underneath. When the rain stopped I was able to finish my campsite setup. Dinner was awesome: Roast Beef with vegetables and Apple Pie with ice cream. No complaints! I met some great folks: Jim (FJR1300) who lives in Simpsonville SC, Don (Suzuki Vstrom) and Neal (Triumph Tiger) who lives in East Tenn.

Saturday: Breakfast was great. Biscuits with sausage gravy, bacon, eggs.
Yum! Jay, Morgan, and Emma did a great job in the kitchen!!! Jim (FJR1300) and I decided to do a 'figure eight' ride together. At 9am we started at BP gas station near the intersection of 215 and 276. Headed South on 276 (up the mountain). Turned South on the BRP, then North on 215 (down the mountain), ending up where we started! Then, we went South on 276 again back to the BRP, then South again on the BRP to 215, but then we went south on 215 into Rosman NC. Made a left turn on HWY 64 East, then back up 276 to the BRP. At this point Jim and I split because he had to go home. I continued on the BRP to Pisgah Inn for lunch. I grabbed a sandwich to-go and headed back to camp. I got back to camp around 3:00pm. The rest of the day/night was spent sharing stories with all the new arrivals--folks at the camp were so nice! Dinner was old school including Sloppy Joes, hot dogs, mac & cheese, chips, and mixed-berry cobbler! YUM!

Sunday: Started to pack as soon as I got up. My bike was ready to role by 8am. Breakfast (Southern style grits with added bacon and scrambled eggs) was perfect. I said my goodbyes to all my new friends and headed home. The ride home was easy. Not a car on the road until I got to Caesar's Head SC. I left the campground at 9:30am and was home at 11am.

I finish teaching summer classes this week. Next week I am going to BSA summer camp with my son's BSA troop (Camp Rainey Mountain, GA). When that is over, I hope to take many rides in July! If you wanna meetup, camp, or simply visit to talk about bikes, let me know.

Peace,
Chris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,360
I Got my new Corbin seat with the backrest on and I will say it made a difference on a 300 mile ride today. I had a little trouble latching it but I got it after I added a washer or two.

Next trip is to Asheville in July with the
wife. I'm trying to get her into riding with me so that I can have a travel buddy. View attachment 44653
Let me know when you are NC! I am only an 1.5 hours from Asheville.

Peace,
Chris

3341 - 3360 of 3391 Posts