CTX 1300 Forum banner

3361 - 3380 of 3391 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put a Nelson Rigg Commuter Touring bag on my backseat today for a little extra storage and to use a backrest. I also have some blind spot mirrors that clamp on top of the side mirrors, but they slip on the little plate that came with them so I need to figure something out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yesterday, Sunday, I took a Intermediate Riding Class with the “Ride Chicago “ riding school. Wanted to refresh on some of the riding techniques, especially the emergency braking, slow maneuvering, cornering/foot peg scraping, clutch-less up shifting and couple of other things. It was a fun experience and helped me being more comfortable and confident riding the CTX. The main instructor was fascinated with the CTX , and had me give a presentation on the bike because nobody (12 people attended the class) had and idea what I was riding. On the end of the class the main instructor asked me for a permission to ride the CTX, I gave him the go ahead and told him to NOT hold back. And there it was, the CTX in all of his glory, it turned it self in to a Sport Bike, and watching from the side I couldn’t believe how good it performed. It took a professional instructor riding my bike to actually show me how great of a bike I own. The guy loved it and said that he will be looking to buy one.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,363
Yesterday, Sunday, I took a Intermediate Riding Class with the “Ride Chicago “ riding school. Wanted to refresh on some of the riding techniques, especially the emergency braking, slow maneuvering, cornering/foot peg scraping, clutch-less up shifting and couple of other things. It was a fun experience and helped me being more comfortable and confident riding the CTX. The main instructor was fascinated with the CTX , and had me give a presentation on the bike because nobody (12 people attended the class) had and idea what I was riding. On the end of the class the main instructor asked me for a permission to ride the CTX, I gave him the go ahead and told him to NOT hold back. And there it was, the CTX in all of his glory, it turned it self in to a Sport Bike, and watching from the side I couldn’t believe how good it performed. It took a professional instructor riding my bike to actually show me how great of a bike I own. The guy loved it and said that he will be looking to buy one.
WOW! :smiley-happy0034: That is awesome! Thanks for sharing. :ty:

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,364
Did a valve clearance check yesterday. 10,000 miles late. Every thing within spec. New front Bridgestone and front brake pads. Fluid flush for brakes and clutch. New Corbin seat installed. Topped it all off with Ceramic polish. Now if it would stop raining...

FS
Thanks for this information! How many miles on your bike?

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Got in a 85 mile loop out and around my home in Mid MO. I really needed to get out and blow the stink off of being inside for two day of off/on rain. All two lane back roads so very little traffic. Other than a BIG old combine coming at me round a corner. I swear it’s tires were as tall as me seated on the bike. But it was a left hand curve too see I had to look up to see the top.
Ride safe ya all

·
Registered
179 Posts
Traded Corbin seats with a fellow CTX1300 forum member. I got the "close seat" for my 5'9" frame and he got the "regular seat" for his 6'2" frame.

Now I hope I won't have to "reach" for my highway pegs like before.

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Stripped it apart to add marker lights, permanently fix the highway pegs and install the amplifier. Upon inspection I can see the rubber on the speakers cracking. So I went to change them but I can't get the black plastic piece that is the speaker grill off the bike. And that part is not in the shop manual.

Anyone ever take out the speakers or the Speedo/tach? How did you get the black dash trim off?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Time for new rubber..

While taking off the front wheel I noticed according to the arrow that it was on backwards.

I think it was original rubber. From this date code anyway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Today I drove on the dijk of the lake, Markenmeer, very slowly in the 5th gear no throttle, just ticking over. Bike goes about 30-35 kmph. Just enjoying the view.
t-langhuus.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Time for new rubber..

While taking off the front wheel I noticed according to the arrow that it was on backwards.

I think it was original rubber. From this date code anyway.

Are you going dark side?
What is the tire?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Are you going dark side?
What is the tire?
Yes. Riken Raptor. Just had it mounted, putting it on the bike in a couple of hours. New Michelin Commander 3 should be waiting at home and it goes on the front tomorrow.

Saturday myself and a fellow forum member are doing a 1500 mile trip. Trying to get it installed and tested before then....

Need to clean the wheel and bike before I put it back together.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Had Cycle Gear mount and balance the front tire. Michelin commander 3...

They scratched up the rim pretty good. I don't obsess about the bike but I don't know if I should have them fix it or not...

·
Registered
38 Posts
That was a brutal tire change. They should at least paint it to hide the scratches. Is that a gouge in the tire in the last pic?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
That was a brutal tire change. They should at least paint it to hide the scratches. Is that a gouge in the tire in the last pic?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
They are offering to have the rim refinished. And of course didn't charge me for the work. I told them I would get back to them next week.

As for the last pic, no that is dirt on the wheel. That particular chip was on the inside of the wheel.

This was the first tire change for this bike so the front wheel was dirty but mint.

The rear wheel!!!!

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,380
Recorded a video to show the tools and procedures for removing and installing the front wheel. Nothing was wrong or needed to be done with my front wheel--I just got a request from a new YouTube subscriber who viewed my rear wheel video. The job is simple for me and it is fun to make these videos. I am editing the video now and it will be released on YouTube as soon as possible.

Thanks for following my 'How To' videos on YouTube.

Peace,
Chris

3361 - 3380 of 3391 Posts